Zeus

What's your major / What do you want to be when you grow up?

Right now I'm studying languages (English & Japanese) so I can be whatever that has something to do with languages and stuff...I could be a teacher or a translator,...

I have graduated from Material & Metallurgical Engineering in bachelor degree, yet I don't have a job lol

still searching for ideal job, since I like what I have studied, and I have the soul of engineer haha

I'm studying chemical engineering, my major is process technology and my minor is industrial management. I study in the same technical university as Pretsy, which is the Helsinki university of technology or Aalto University. :D

I've studied only two years so far and I'll probably get my bachelor's degree in 1,5 years. After that I'll automatically study my master's degree because here in Finland we always study master's degree right after bachelor's. I find it really odd that someone would stop their studies after bachelor's, I'm quite near graduating and I feel like I don't know anything about my field. I wouldn't definitely feel comfortable starting my career with only bachelor's degree.

I'm in my second year of university and studying languages . I'm learning japanese, chinese and obviously english. I'm also bilingual therefore I speak perfectly both italian and romanian. With these many languages I really hope I can find a decent job once I finish my studies. Still have 3 years left *dies inside*

I majored in visual art, and I'm working as a copywriter while I try to figure out what I want to do. The work I'm doing right now actually fits my skills and personality really well, and I like doing it, but I'm looking for something a bit more stable and fulfilling.   

technical physics: applied information technology

I'll probably end up as a programmer (but I can work as a phisicist/ 'number cruncher' (?) too), and would love someday to get a job connected to cryptography

Guest MollyMouse

I'm already the fluffing princess ruler master of the universe , sooooo

In all honesty , I'm going to be attending Cosmetology school sother this winter or sometime next year. I'm going to cut people's hair and make them gorgeous <3

I is a English major. I is the goodest student. Trust me!

lmao. Although I'm an English major, there are a lot of things I want to be good at besides the English language. TvT

Was in school for a BA in Computer Science. After my first year, I moved, and landed a job doing web development. So... never finished my degree as the job I have now is what I was aiming for (well, I was aiming for Google).

Funny part is my first year I never took any CS-related classes (I'm entirely self-taught in what I do). They were all the core classes I needed for any of my CS classes (English, Math, etc.)

I still want to go back and get my degree, as there are a lot of different fields I'm interested in besides web development. Machine learning, AI, solid foundation in C/C++, etc. Regardless of the field, there is always skillsets and knowledge you pick up that can be applied to other areas of CS.

Was in school for a BA in Computer Science. After my first year, I moved, and landed a job doing web development. So... never finished my degree as the job I have now is what I was aiming for (well, I was aiming for Google).

Funny part is my first year I never took any CS-related classes (I'm entirely self-taught in what I do). They were all the core classes I needed for any of my CS classes (English, Math, etc.)

I still want to go back and get my degree, as there are a lot of different fields I'm interested in besides web development. Machine learning, AI, solid foundation in C/C++, etc. Regardless of the field, there is always skillsets and knowledge you pick up that can be applied to other areas of CS.

As someone who has that degree, you're still in a better position than I am.

My major is japanese. It will take me a total of 3 years, and I'm just about ending my second year. I'll take next term at a university in Japan and then write my report about something (probably something about gender).

It feels kind of weird though because I have NO IDEA what to do next XD Like, you can't get a job with just that, I'd have to do something else which I don't have the slightest idea about... One of my teachers said that writing my report about something like genders, which is a very wide topic, could help me get a major degree but I don't know if I want that, I don't even know if I'd be able to. I'm really bad at both hearing and talking japanese :P I didn't even think I'd make it this far.

Does anyone else have a degree in japanese? If so what did it lead you to?

My major is mathematics but I also do lots of programming stuff.

That direction isn't really what I was aiming for, I always thought my strength was art and languages. (And so did my teachers, family and friends)

However, I'm doing well. While most people don't even pass I have pretty good grades and the chance for me to get a nicely paid job later on is high. : /

So it seems I'll just stick with it and do the artsy fartsy stuff in my freetime...

My major is japanese. It will take me a total of 3 years, and I'm just about ending my second year. I'll take next term at a university in Japan and then write my report about something (probably something about gender).

It feels kind of weird though because I have NO IDEA what to do next XD Like, you can't get a job with just that, I'd have to do something else which I don't have the slightest idea about... One of my teachers said that writing my report about something like genders, which is a very wide topic, could help me get a major degree but I don't know if I want that, I don't even know if I'd be able to. I'm really bad at both hearing and talking japanese :P I didn't even think I'd make it this far.

Does anyone else have a degree in japanese? If so what did it lead you to?

There are a lot of translation and interpreter jobs from what I have been told.

One dude I know works in a department for my Uni where he manages relations with Japanese peers and possible affiliates, as well as organizes events with Japanese companies and special guests who can come give seminars at our school.

And one of my boys has worked a while in translation, he has done a lot of different jobs for different people, but he said he made the most translating legal documents. He was turned down the first time he applied for it because they need top notch 日本語, but a year later he got it.

I am sure there are a lot of possibilites in the future, it is sick that you are going to Japan to study, congratulations, I wish you and everyone else luck.

perfect

D :  Is this sarcasm?

I hope I didn't come off as braggy or anything. orz My paragraph was more meant to illustrate how things change if your aspirations meet the real world rather thant saying YO I'M GOOD AT EVERYTHING. (because I'm not.)

^ No, I mean it literally. XD It sounds fine to me, not that braggy at all.

It's just pretty rare to find someone who is good at both art and science. :>

My major is mathematics but I also do lots of programming stuff.

That direction isn't really what I was aiming for, I always thought my strength was art and languages. (And so did my teachers, family and friends)

However, I'm doing well. While most people don't even pass I have pretty good grades and the chance for me to get a nicely paid job later on is high. : /

So it seems I'll just stick with it and do the artsy fartsy stuff in my freetime...

Think about becoming a UX/UI designer. You can use the programming to do all the artsy stuff you like!

I'm really bad at both hearing and talking japanese :P I didn't even think I'd make it this far.

gørl you're, like, from sweden, you should srsly apply to universal swe as yohio's ririkkusu ghostwriter

his dad will cover like 4 or 5 albums worth of stuff just like that (and don't forget all the b-sides!!!!!!)

gørl you're, like, from sweden, you should srsly apply to universal swe as yohio's ririkkusu ghostwriter

his dad will cover like 4 or 5 albums worth of stuff just like that (and don't forget all the b-sides!!!!!!)

Haha XD Yeah I could try, from what I read about him, he could use a re-tour among VK too -.-'

^ No, I mean it literally. XD It sounds fine to me, not that braggy at all.

It's just pretty rare to find someone who is good at both art and science. :>

Oh I see. ;//; Thank you!

I guess it's the opposite of savantism. Being okay in most fields. XD

Think about becoming a UX/UI designer. You can use the programming to do all the artsy stuff you like!

That sounds pretty interesting actually~ : o

I've been out of school for 3 years, but I did a 3 year Graphic Design program and majored in Advertising. I'm not doing that now, but I am designing—graphic design at least. Ideally, I'd love to do more web design/front-end developing as they're my faves :3