Zeus

What's your major / What do you want to be when you grow up?

going for a bachelor of fine arts next year. after that, i might go to college for illustration, but i don't really know. all i know is that i want to do art lol

I'm studying IT with a bit of business management on the side. I'm mainly aiming to become some sort of a software developer but I'm quite widely interested in all kinds of IT-related things so I'll just see what happens. Who knows what I'll end up being.

I was homeschooled until the age of fourteen, at which point I passed an examination which allowed me to enter uni three years before some others, four years before most. I only achieved this because my father raised me alone, very strictly and pretty much educated me himself in many fields, he being an academic, himself. I suppose there is some level of cognition also necessary, but I won't boast about that. I just completed my first semester of Aegyptology and Classics and I have to say, the modern university is a joke. I plan on dropping out and visiting Sued-Tirol in order to make connections and become a poet.

On 12/13/2018 at 12:09 PM, platy said:

How's that? Do you enjoy it? 

I'm currently considering a course in Games QA/testing. I know it's not the same but, I'd like to hear what you think about your job! 

It requires a lot of self discipline, this was especially true when I was doing freelancing. Monotony is the name of the game, it's a very slow job most of the time. Get used to providing useful feedback that gets ignored, resulting in retesting and reporting the same issues ad nauseam. Luckily, the actual QA aspect of my job has lessened over the years as I've transitioned into a more task oriented position and gained enough knowledge of the software to make fixes myself, but I still have to test/report occasionally and it's my least favorite part of my job. On the plus side, it's the perfect job if you like podcasts! It's also a job that won't be going away any time soon, so stability is nice, there's always QA work.