Zeus

What's your major / What do you want to be when you grow up?

I have a promising future as a failed graphic artist.

that seems to be a predominant career choice here XD

Got any of your work online? I would like to check it out. Same goes for you, Gin, though I have seen some of your stuff before.

I'm a Animal and Veterinary Science major, studying to enter the field of veterinary medicine. I'm really, really interested in either pursuing an Equine specialty or a Beef/Dairy specialty.

In other words a horse or cow doctor. :D

I just don't know. And the whole idea of doing something I don't like for the of rest my life, and/or failure, just freaks the fuck out of me.

isn't that what getting a life is :3

Seriously though, no need to. Find something you like doing and make sure its something you like.

Most of the times profession ≠ hobby though.

So most people just choose the major that they could profit with.

Something you could fall back on.

Dedication to what you're doing whether it's something you like to do or not

will make everything successful eventually :)

Cannot really be a picky, especially in recession times like this, yes?

Especially everyone can be anything we want to be, as long as we got the will.

In this life with many opportunities, why would we have to limit ourselves? :D

^ high five!

i'm also a law student :)!

And I'm planning on specializing in either media or medical law

*high fives*

That's awesome! Do you know if you need to have any special medical education for medical law? I didn't have subjects like science, biology and physics in high school, so I'm not sure if I can do that without these subjects. Also I was thinking of choosing (if I get that far xD) criminal law or government related law

UG was Psych/Soc. Planning for Grad school in research within field when I can :xxx: afford it...

Dreamjob would be FT drummer, PT researcher or instructor in psychology.

...That or the first King of the United States.

]That's awesome! Do you know if you need to have any special medical education for medical law? I didn't have subjects like science, biology and physics in high school, so I'm not sure if I can do that without these subjects. Also I was thinking of choosing (if I get that far xD) criminal law or government related law

Haha I totally suck at criminal law or anything government related xD I'm more into civil law...

At our university (Cologne), medical law is a combination of medical, insurance and employment law. We learn all the basic stuff during our first 4 semesters and then choose a main area for our 5th and 6th. There are like 15 different ones available (even stuff like space law) so it's going to be a tough decision :)! I've been visiting a lecture on medical jurisprudence this semester and that's what got me interested in doing medical law. Medical law is mainly civil law anyways (or criminal law. You can choose between some classes)

Wait, if you're going to be a media lawyer, isn't it bad that you know about here?

Don't worry, I'm not going to betray you guys ;)

I still unsure about the media law thing, since I'm mainly interested in doing licence agreements etc (since I'd like to work in the music industry...) but that's only a small part of that subject :/

I am not sure what I want to do, but anything related to computers is what I aim for.

Silversun Pickups are an American shoegaze band....Listening to them will increase your indie-cred by 10 points.

I've seen them live... how many indie-creds do I get?

^ Don't be! That seems awesome! Except for the snotty nosed brats. But if I were you I'd just Snape them a couple of times and you don't have that much trouble with 'em. I've seen that that actually works

if your major is English language, you can do more than teacher though ;)

You could be translator (omg think of it, you'll be the first person to read latest novels)

or if you into travelling and politics, you can submit for being an ambassador of your country.

Or a journalist :)

even stuff like space law

THAT ACTUALLY EXISTS?

My life has meaning again.

It does! You can check it out here

We've got awesome classes/lectures at our university xD

Most of my interests don't provide any decent job opportunities, and I'm bad at pretty much everything.

I'll probably just go to some sort of trade school and pick the easiest/safest route.

currently majoring to say it simple Social Worker. im already working in the mentally handicaped sector, and next week im gonna start at a new group with teenagers who are slightly handicaped and are learning to live on their own. So basically im helping them develop the skills they need.

Guest mitsu the indie girl

Psychology. I can read minds. ("Anchorman" reference.)