Zeus

What's your major / What do you want to be when you grow up?

Think about becoming a UX/UI designer. You can use the programming to do all the artsy stuff you like!

I second this!

At the moment, I'm studying Forensic Psychology on an online University. The courses/degrees I've taken have been all over the place during school years.

I'm not the best with people and socializing, so I'd want to work at a museum like were I'm already volunteering, but preferably as a primary school teacher or librarian. 

I got my BA in Japanese in May. I also have a background in linguistics but I didn't want to take the extra credits to do a minor or double major.

I landed a job in Japan so I'll be moving there in a few months.

I got my BA in Japanese in May. I also have a background in linguistics but I didn't want to take the extra credits to do a minor or double major.

I landed a job in Japan so I'll be moving there in a few months.

Wow! I'm jealous.

I have a BA in Japanese too (along with a BA in Electrical Engineering) and I am getting a Master's in Electrical Engineering right now. Honestly I would jump at the chance to go overseas to almost any country really, provided I knew the language and could get a job. 

I'm currently studying chemical engineering (two more semesters to go jfc) 

which is something I dislike so very much, but yeah, forced by my parents :-)

That kind of happened to me with engineering too, but I found a part of the field that I enjoyed so it wasn't all bad. At least you are almost done! Good luck!

I'm currently studying chemical engineering (two more semesters to go jfc) 

which is something I dislike so very much, but yeah, forced by my parents :-)

Haha I study chemical engineering as well! :D I have never met anyone in the internet who studies the same as I do!

What did you major&minor in?

I major in Process engineering because that's seriously the only major I give a fuck about. Process engineering is fucking cool.  :rock:

I chose Computer Science and Engineering as my minor because I just simply couldn't find anything I'd enjoy that much haha. Tried Industrial Engineering and Management but that sucked so much and I'm super glad I chose CSE.

lol the only other person who's studying something similar to me is beni. im studying everyone's fav BS degree, psych (bsc). mostly useless, except for the fact that i wanna get my phd. i've flopped back and forth between law and medicine for the past few years but now i wish to be a clinical psychologist. ^.^ school for another 12 years woooohoooo. stress

Currently majoring in Art History but I don't know what to do with it and I might even drop out.  I mean, I like looking at art and stuff, but the analysis part I have to do in class is just too much for me.  And I feel like this might not be for me anymore.  Doesn't matter if I get a degree in it or not.

What I really want to do is to become a freelance artist or go into some game designing like concept art.  I like the idea of being free and I don't want to work in companies or anything.  Next year I plan on focusing more on my art and working on some small projects.

I'm not sure what I specifically want to be yet, but I want to major in International Relations and Japanese Language. I really enjoy studying about other countries and I've been learning Japanese 3 years on my own, and I'm in love with it. Not sure what I'd do with it hence why I want to double major.

But lately, History has really been tugging at me. It's been my favorite subject forever and my history teacher is so dope, I'm not sure, I might want to pursue a degree in that later, too. I graduate next year so I have to have this all figured out soon ;;

Currently majoring in Art History but I don't know what to do with it and I might even drop out.  I mean, I like looking at art and stuff, but the analysis part I have to do in class is just too much for me.  And I feel like this might not be for me anymore.  Doesn't matter if I get a degree in it or not.

What I really want to do is to become a freelance artist or go into some game designing like concept art.  I like the idea of being free and I don't want to work in companies or anything.  Next year I plan on focusing more on my art and working on some small projects.

aww I feel you. it's funny how I'm kinda at the other extreme of the spectrum: i'm good at critical analysis but have zero creative potential whatsoever XD i'm currently writing my dissertation on j m w turner and for someone working on a topic like this, i've always felt a slight disadvantage without any aptitude in design and creative production.

no idea what i want to be in future, but i definitely know what i don't want to be. sitting in a company office doing technical/admin work is the first thing on that list.

I'm a professional translator/conference interpreter. I finished college last semeser. 

Please do not use google translate for serious matters. It sucks harder than some vk bandomen trying to get signed on a decent label.

Im majoring in Medical Management, 50% of that is Medicine, the other half management. I'll probably become the CFO of a Hospital(more likely his assitant lol) when im done. Fits me, because ive volunteered in the medical field/ambulances since i was 16.

Edited by xBandō
added words

As one of the babbies of this site, I'm a bit too young to go to university, but I'd like to become a psychotherapist. It's not a happy job, but I know it's what I want to do. Generally speaking, England is very pessimistic and bloody miserable in terms of mental health, and no-one really takes it seriously. It's a cultural thing, I guess, and one I don't like one bit. I know that I alone won't really make a difference to the entire country, but I'd feel bad if I didn't try to change at least something. As someone who's had depression three times and played therapist for countless people before, I'm pretty passionate about wanting people to feel happier. Let's just hope I don't have to kick too many fakers out when the time comes (I dunno about other countries, but unfortunately, England has an absolute fuckton of people who think it's "cool" to have depression -_-).

On 10/18/2011 at 11:26 PM, saishuu said:

I'm currently majoring in Physical Therapy and plan on specializing in Trauma/Orthopedics and PT in Sports once I graduate from university.

Heh, kinda cool to look back on this (7 years ago, damn). Nothing about what I said changed at all, except I've now been a physiotherapist for 4 years and am currently back in university going for a Masters degree, which I shall be done with in about 7 months.

On 10/19/2011 at 9:57 AM, Peace Heavy mk II said:

New Media and Interactive Development, with a minor (soon to be declared) in Japanese language. Currently I am taking bullshit / pretentious classes like typography and classes I find relevant and interesting, like client-side web programming. I can make cool things like this: http://svkei.net/school/index.html

Yikes did I hate typography

I have a master's degree in translation (French to English or English to French)/writing. Well, in fact, the last year of my master's degree includes several fields (rewriting/writing, translation...). I also work as a literay translator from English to French.  

Edited by The Piass

Went to school with a focus on Illustration, dropped out and somehow I've been doing Software QA full time for 6 years now. jfc.

On 12/10/2018 at 8:00 PM, Gesu said:

As one of the babbies of this site, I'm a bit too young to go to university, but I'd like to become a psychotherapist. It's not a happy job, but I know it's what I want to do. Generally speaking, England is very pessimistic and bloody miserable in terms of mental health, and no-one really takes it seriously. It's a cultural thing, I guess, and one I don't like one bit. I know that I alone won't really make a difference to the entire country, but I'd feel bad if I didn't try to change at least something. As someone who's had depression three times and played therapist for countless people before, I'm pretty passionate about wanting people to feel happier. Let's just hope I don't have to kick too many fakers out when the time comes (I dunno about other countries, but unfortunately, England has an absolute fuckton of people who think it's "cool" to have depression -_-).

as someone who's fucked in the head, I wanted to major in Psychology for a while before applying for college until I switched to something else and I'm really glad I did that to be fairly honest. I thought having a mental illness would qualify me to deal with other people's thoughts and feelings as a profession on a daily basis, but oh boy was I wrong. probably not my place to tell you this, but really think wisely about it.

4 hours ago, saishuu said:

as someone who's fucked in the head, I wanted to major in Psychology for a while before applying for college until I switched to something else and I'm really glad I did that to be fairly honest. I thought having a mental illness would qualify me to deal with other people's thoughts and feelings as a profession on a daily basis, but oh boy was I wrong. probably not my place to tell you this, but really think wisely about it.

I don't have it anymore, if that means anything. I think that the experience of having had it all those times and knowing how to get rid of it would give me knowledge in the field. Hopefully, anyways. Thank you for the advice, though. I know it's not a career choice to be taken lightly, but I am absolutely certain that this is what I want to do. I know someone who was a therapist for a while, and he said that the majority of therapists end up with therapists of their own, and I think that's something I'm prepared to deal with. However low I may feel in that job, I know it's something I can deal with and recover from because I know it won't be anywhere near as bad as my mental health used to be. I won't overdo it, but I don't think it'll be enough to stop me from wanting to become a therapist. If it gets too much, I'll be honest with myself and quit, but I'd feel unfulfilled if I didn't go for it.

I went to some college for general education for like... a semester. I had never really decided on a major. I dropped out anyway. So I started going to cosmetology school, dropped out of that too. I've just been working since and building my way up the managerial ladder. But I have always had a longing to go to school again. But I don't think I will because of the cost vs pay back. I just really like learning new things. 

So I'm majoring in : adulting

Currently working on my Masters.

On 12/12/2018 at 5:24 PM, PIZAZ said:

Went to school with a focus on Illustration, dropped out and somehow I've been doing Software QA full time for 6 years now. jfc.

How's that? Do you enjoy it? 

I'm currently considering a course in Games QA/testing. I know it's not the same but, I'd like to hear what you think about your job!