Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

The Official Music LOVE Thread

A thread to counteract all of the hate ;')

Here we talk about bands/artists that we absolutely love, and why.

GO!

I'll post a bit later

Panic Channel - Awesome Rock Music and Awesome Kote

DragonWAPPPPPPER - One of the better Vk acts today

Lerise - Cause You is a good song writer and singer and has better contrast of the english language then most japanese bands.

MayDay - Love their indie music alot

YAY. Love! :spin:

(Just the japanese stuff)

Raphael. For making truly beautiful music that's catchy without sounding cheap. And when they're heavier, it's not just about RWAAAAAAR.

ElDorado. Same as above, more or less.

JILS. For making beautiful, melancholic music and Yukiya's captivating voice.

BUCK-TICK. For 20 years of great music and Atsushi's stunning voice.

Luna Sea. For great songs and good memories.

Oh, this post I approve. :)

????? (Kiyokiba Shunsuke)

Left EXILE in 2005 at their peak to pursue a solo career. He doesn't have the most original sound I've ever heard - I'll say that - but I absolutely love the way he mixes pop, rock and soul and he also has a really great voice. It's not everyday you see a rock singer with a badass saxophonist and keyboardist as main instrumentists of their support band out there these days. He's also charismatic as hell and puts on great concerts, literally for people of all ages (he even lets kids take part in the singalong of one his songs, "Utai hito", sometimes).

Also I kind of admire him for always keeping his background history as a part of his current career. He promotes a bunch of different stuff (like personal exhibitions, a clothing line and even a fishing brand) and supports artists who have played with him in tunnels, streets and such in the past by inviting them to take part in his concerts, compositions and also by having two of them in a label of his own.

To sum it all up: the man is awesome.

Versailles - love the visuals, themes, lyrics, and composition.

D'espairsRay - I think they just keep getting better with time, contrary to popular belief.

Dir en grey - They make me feel angry, in the best possible way.

Kaya - Love his voice and lyrics above all, the musical compositions are phenom, as I love dance music, visuals I love least, because I don't fap over girly looking men (even if they're quite attractive)

D - Big fan of a lot of their music. Maybe not all. But most.

Conversely, I Love everything. :spin:

Seriously though, anyone who knows me pretty much knows already there are 2 bands I can't live without. Do As Infinity and Alice nine. =_= No matter how long I've been a fan, neither ever get old. No matter how many people ridicule my tastes for placing them at the top of my list, never giving them up. When I have a long bout of being in the mood for only one particular genre of music they can always cut through and be heard anyway, as if they weren't sticking out like a sore thumb among whatever may be the flavor of the month. When I go on exploring the outer reaches of musicdom for months on end bidding them adieu for the time being and then I come back, I always end up listening in sickening and shamefully insane amounts making up for lost time. Beyond just love for their music, They both inspire me in different ways and I have both of them to thank for some of the ways I approach life and music today. Different music in a lot of ways come and go for me but since they both transcend simply sound for me they've etched their way into the epic love compartment of my thought jelly. The End.

Guest o hai itz will

Dir en grey (obviously) -- Kyo does things with his voice that few others attempt, and they can be brutal without sounding like they're trying too hard (i.e. most vk especially GazettE)

MY HISTORY OF FAVORITE J-Rock BANDS

1st discovery

2001-2005 no favorites just anime

L'Arc~en~Ciel -GTO, Do As Infinity -Inuyasha, doa +i dont know this band yet until 2009, WAG -Saiyuki Series TM Revolution(anime-discovered) -2005

2nd discovery

B'z, LUNA SEA, Dir en grey (read lots of japanese history books and fanpages, tried lots of visual kei and) -2006~2008

3nd discovery

D'ERLANGER, BUG, DEAD END, Die in Cries, creature creature, BUCK-TICK -2008 (connections with my first second favorite bands)

4th discovery -2009-present

44MAGNUM (jack in the box), heidi. (Kaichou wa Maid sama)

i simply discover good and great music to my taste, trying to get more fans and equally distributing their popularity through promoting. some bands here are not included in my mobile phone because it is only 1GB. obviously i dont want hatred but some people in the the-top-tens.com attacked me (a X-JAPAN fan and a Dir en grey fan insisting that their band is the best).

Versailles: Basically everything Shaneth said.

Moi dix Mois: Love the music and the lyrics that Mana makes.

Malice Mizer: This band got me into VK, and they were way above their era, and they made the most epic album known to man: Merveilles, plus you got to love the costumes they were on the Gackt era.

D, Matenrou Opera, Kiryu, Kaya and VII-Sense: I love their style and music because they actually know how to compose and still have time for good looks (well with several exceptions here and there).

And most vk symphonic metal acts out there, because even though they're VK they ACTUALLY MAKE GOOD MUSIC.

Wow. . . I may have to just divide this into a couple posts because it is going to take me a while to compile all the love. >.> Well first, I love CAT5 for making this thread, because I need to vent my love as much as I need to vent my hate. Thank you very much.

I love Number Girl! I love how they string so different genres of music and make the coolest, weirdest, beautiful blast of noise. I love Nakao and Hisako's sexy driving bass and guitar combinations and of course, I love Atchan's powerful, melodic drumming style that probably stands out the most for me. (Plus, he can be SOOO CUTE!) Mukai is ugly and not cute and not a good singer, poor guy - but I LOVE his compositions he makes, I love his cool hand-drawings for the album jackets, and his lyric writing is good as well -all simple, yet make a big statement. Great Japanese indie rock. >.<

I love Anthem - I love Shibata's amazing riffs and songs that he writes, I love Akio's solos and his guitar instrumental tracks, I ADORE Eizo Sakamoto and I love his powerful voice and screams. They've never made a bad song or album and I bet if they make anything else it will be good too. Every song makes my heart beat fast and make me want to head bang forever. Epic metal band, terribly overlooked by the global metal community. Plus Eizo and Shibata are gorgeous - I don't care if they are 40 + years old!

And I love Melt-Banana - they create the best possible form of punk/noise rock for me ever. I love Agata and his crazy, weird guitar playing that sounds like broken power tools in a blender! I love Yako's voice too, really add a lot of uniqueness to their overall sound. Their music is good for waking me up in the morning or for working out and stuff. It makes me hyper and entergetic. ^_^ I'm so sad that I couldn't see them live, but I hope one day I do because they are ten-times amazing live and raw. Anytime I feel like listening to music and not worry about being too serious, I always pop in their disc!

And just in the moment of it all: I really, really, really love Sunsgrind's new EP! I almost cried! Beautiful melodic hardcore, even though it is mostly Engrish. It is so much better in high quality from the CD, it really is. A perfect, perfect comeback from their hiatus. I thought it was going to be lame or something, but every penny was worthwhile. I miss Iori, but I'll get used to the new bassist. Yusuke's guitar is epic, and I just love Yusuke in general, he's so cool. *_*

Okay, that's it for now. Will post on other bands I love tommorow or something. <3

Malice Mizer: This band got me into VK, and they were way above their era, and they made the most epic album known to man: Merveilles, plus you got to love the costumes they were on the Gackt era.

D, Matenrou Opera, Kiryu, Kaya and VII-Sense: I love their style and music because they actually know how to compose and still have time for good looks (well with several exceptions here and there).

And most vk symphonic metal acts out there, because even though they're VK they ACTUALLY MAKE GOOD MUSIC.

This.

someone always has to start a thread like this when say there's a hate thread or something. lol
What, you mad? Keep it movin' buddy.

BUCK-TICK. For 20 years of great music and Atsushi's stunning voice.

DeG: they always deliver good mid-tempo to heart wrenching ballad that i like.

And they are my first love, first cut is the deepest.

Lunasea: Cos every time i need J-music shot at a random time, they are always my first option.

someone always has to start a thread like this when say there's a hate thread or something. lol
mte. hate is so much funner. plus, i have too much to love. my h8 is much easier to narrow down, lol

D'espairsRay: I couldn't express the extent of love, but I'll mention them regardless because they've been my favourite band for seven years and their existence makes me happy, haters gonna hate. I admire Karyu, too. He's overcome so much and is still an extremely passionate, independent individual. Also, when life is flinging shit at me, something D'espairsRay-related happens that instantly cheers me up. And I've enjoyed each of their albums in different ways.

???: for being comprised of brilliant musicians and sounding utterly unique, and for having one supremely skilled vocalist. They need more fans.

BUCK-TICK: twenty years of solid music that has yet to become stale.

Lillies and Remains: best new band there is, without a doubt.

emmurée: vastly underrated band who deserve much more love.

BOØWY: for timeless music that never fails to make me smile or dance. Also for producing one of the greatest Japanese guitarist I've ever heard.

??: utterly enjoyable chill-out-electronica, also require more fans.

This.
:$

This.
:$
:D

At the moment I'm loving ?????? they are really catchy, Rubi is one hell of a guitarist, Saran has some awesome Bass lines, and Emiru to me is a good vocalist that suits the music.

I love merveilles (only album I have heard by Malice Mizer) everything about this is album is awesome, I love every song on there.

I love Gackt (though only heard 2 albums and 1 single) I don't care that he is mega popular and has raging fangirls, its his music that matters to me not his fanbase and shit like that.

and, er I suppose I like Versailles they got me into Visual Kei and stuff, so you know

Ooh, a 'nice' thread =D

DEATHGAZE: For making great music, and when it comes to Ai, for never giving up on the band and for giving his all and doing his best for it to not disband.

cocklobin: For their amazing but catchy songs, even though they're still a very new band, and having one of the best vocalists I've ever heard.

9GOATS BLACK OUT: For creating unique and beautiful music, and simply for them being a work of art.

Deadman: Just for being awesome and having one of the most talented musicians for bandmen.

And all other Nagoya Kei bands, for being unique and because their music doesn't sound like the generic shit that bands come up with these days.

D'espairsRay: I couldn't express the extent of love, but I'll mention them regardless because they've been my favourite band for seven years and their existence makes me happy, haters gonna hate. I admire Karyu, too. He's overcome so much and is still an extremely passionate, independent individual. Also, when life is flinging shit at me, something D'espairsRay-related happens that instantly cheers me up. And I've enjoyed each of their albums in different ways.

This, plus Hizumi is the best vocalist ever and the only one whos voice can always touch me, noone else can sing that emotional in a honest way.

???: for being comprised of brilliant musicians and sounding utterly unique, and for having one supremely skilled vocalist. They need more fans.
9GOATS BLACK OUT: For creating unique and beautiful music, and simply for them being a work of art.

MUCC: For never sounding generic and always evolving their sound without leaving their original sound behind. They also created some of the best Nu Metal songs ever, Zekuu and Kuchiki no Tou are the proof.

girugamesh: For always making me feel that they have fun playing their music, no matter if it's their old or new stuff plus Satoshi being one of the few vocalists who doesn't lose his skills over the years but is improving his skills instead.

Kashiwa Daisuke: For making some of the most complex and beautiful songs of all time, April.#02 and Stella are masterpieces and the only songs with a length of 30 minutes i can listen to without getting tired after a while.

Daisuke Ochida and all of his projects: because his music was always honest and emotional. Also, his lyrics are one of the few japanese ones which really touched me.

And finally...

Gackt: For having an awesome voice and of course for being a strange mixture of funny and scary.

I'm lazy so I only feel like doing two.

Gazette. Yeah, fuck you. All of you. I love them. 2dacore. One of the first Vee-Kay bands I got into and one of the few that remains with me today, stronger than ever. DIM was a masterpiece of VK. No other band with chuuuu~kyuuto hair has come close to being as atmospherically brilliant as that album. Which is funny, because none of them are particularly *fantastic* musicians, but I'd rather listen to something as powerful as this than another lame 2-week-long Hizaki solo that isn't even any good to begin with. Regardless, they completely outdid themselves, experimented with just about everything. Listening to it last night, for the first time I noticed how masterful the SE tracks are. And that they really aren't useless on the album, at all. If they did a full album of stuff like those, albeit longer in length, you'd have something incredible on your hands. Enough to give Akira Yamaoka a run for his money... which is unbelievable.

(don't care if they're not kawaii uguu japavk)

Pain Of Salvation: One of the best bands ever. With one of the best vocalists ever and possibly THE most emotional vocalist I've ever heard, Mr. Daniel Gildenlöw. "Used" and "Sisters" are masterpieces of vocal performances. Everything from the structures to dynamics to random almost-scatting noises throughout. He's unbelievable. And taking into account that he does/writes basically everything they've ever done, that being some of the most high quality music I've ever had the pleasure of hearing, I have nothing but love for the man and his band.

>.< Ohhh, I agree with SUBLIMINAL too about D'espairsRay. First "heavy" Japanese band I ever became interested in; I don't know, their music just has some kind of chemistry with my ears that no other similar-type bands have. I can't really describe it. . .even their less-than-perfect songs I always end up falling in love with eventually. -_-

And I love Gackt too. How could I forget the person who opened me to the world of Japanese music? He pwns in so many ways from writing songs, to singing, to being able to look like a Gyaru chick. His voice and lyrics always can make me happy when I need it. I also like his sense of humor too outside of the studio and his weird Gundam nerdiness. And I think You and Chachamaru are very talented at what they do. Basically every song with You playing the violin is breathtaking.

Sign in to follow this