Sign in to follow this  
Spectralion

-OZ- - Souga

It's really been a while since last time they release some stuff. I really excited with this single, since I really love versus but kinda disappointed with Rouge and Force. I had really great hope with this single, and wala... My hope are answered correctly...

1. Reverse : -OZ- expanding their music with some electronic sound, and that sound make this song sounds perfect... Natsuki's voice are good as ever... 5/5

2. Unseal : Can't really explained what are really happen here... This song are great, but I can't really enjoy it... Just decent for me... 4/5

3. Ecdysis : Natsuki's engrish in the intro are shock me greatly... I really waiting when -OZ- making another ballad song. I really love White Pallet, but Rain Delay can't win my heart.. This song again win my heart like White Pallet did... 5/5

WOW... Great single...

Really impressed with this single... It's really perfect single... I give 4.5/5... *I really cheap when making a rating*

Keep your good jobs guys...

I was actually really surprised by this single. I wasn't expecting to hate it, but I was legitimately braced for a channeling D'espairsRay but with 2 guitarists attempt. However, it didn't sound like that at all and I really really liked "Reverse" and "Unseal." I still haven't listened to the single enough to do a track-by-track, but I plan on writing a blog post on the matter and will post a link here whenever that is completed. First time in a while where I've legitimately liked, and have a craving to listen to, more than the title track on an -OZ- single since BULK.

VERSUS was the last thing I really liked from -OZ-, and I think this release at least comes close. That said, I have only given it one listen so far.

hmh, i'm not impressed with the single at all.

Reverse just plain boring apart of the intro.

I really don't get anything from listening to it.

I wonder what happened with them?

The worst I've heard from them so far.

Unseal is the better one I've heard from the single, though

i like it mostly because musically, most part of the song sounded similiar

with any non ballad MCR songs from Three Cheers For The Sweet Revenge album.

And i love that album.

The singing though, just weak sauce,

He did some mediocre tunes that has been done many time by any other VK singers.

Or even by himself on previous singles, it just sounded SO familiar.

Like I've heard it before. Wow, i am surprised, in a bad way.

no comment for edycis.

The sounds quality were good though.

So i am quite satisfied with that department.

Overall, tsk tsk tsk.

Badass single!!! ♥

* Reverse just answered my longing for good vk stuffs, their music changes a bit, bu still i can still feel Oz in it. 4.5/5.

* Unseal is overally decent for me, it's good, but doesnt leave any special impression. 3/5

* Ecdysis, hasnt listened to it that much, sounds like a meh tho. 2/5

hmh, i'm not impressed with the single at all.

Reverse just plain boring apart of the intro.

I really don't get anything from listening to it.

I wonder what happened with them?

The worst I've heard from them so far.

Unseal is the better one I've heard from the single, though

i like it mostly because musically, most part of the song sounded similiar

with any non ballad MCR songs from Three Cheers For The Sweet Revenge album.

And i love that album.

The singing though, just weak sauce,

He did some mediocre tunes that has been done many time by any other VK singers.

Or even by himself on previous singles, it just sounded SO familiar.

Like I've heard it before. Wow, i am surprised, in a bad way.

no comment for edycis.

The sounds quality were good though.

So i am quite satisfied with that department.

Overall, tsk tsk tsk.

finally someone that understand my feelings about this single.

I know the bands aren't related at all but after listening to TOXIC (like a lot) Reverse was like... wtf? the bonus track for TOXIC? (don't try to argue about that, it's stupid and it's just me.)

and about the vocals... Asagi like? idk

Now that I have enough free-time in my hands, I can freely review/re-review latest vk releases :)

So, I haven't listened that much to OZ, perhaps only some tracks off Versus and Detox - briefly put, I am not a fan of this band - so this is probably going to be one hell of an experience for me!

1. Reverse - I expected some late-era D'espa but wow, there were actually no industrial influences to be heard! A nice hard rock song with some Detox-ish parts, which doesn't seem to follow typical "verse-chorus-verse-breakdown-chorus" - formula. Natsuki's voice seems to bug me in verses, but yeah, this will get many spins from me for awhile 9/10

2. Unseal - imagine if Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge had a metal song with awesome bending-breakdown-solo-part, which is oddly enough, quite untypical for this band - you will get this. Not fond of Natsuki's voice tho.ps. I can't hear anything related to D here, sry peace! 9/10

3. Ecdysis - decent ballad with forced chorus parts, gets eventually better during U2-ish spiccato and some solo jamming in the background. Definitely a downside of this single, but not bad enough to make people wanna ~zzzz~ though! 7/10

Overall: a surprising release by OZ! (without "-" - thingies, a correct tag amirite?)

Another vk band of 2011 which is worth following.

~8,5/10

This single shows why they should never release a full album ever again. They can turn a 3-song single into magic, but extending this over 12 or so songs always ends in fail for them. Reverse is the standout - new DETOX.

7/10

This single shows why they should never release a full album ever again. They can turn a 3-song single into magic, but extending this over 12 or so songs always ends in fail for them. Reverse is the standout - new DETOX.

7/10

Same thing I thought as well, Probably why I love that track so very much <3

I really like this single (especially the first two tracks), but I want to post here something I've mentioned on a blog review of this single:

Other than that, "Unseal", especially the intro, really sounds like From First To Last's "I Once Was Lost But Now Am Profound" . Even though it just might be a coincidence, it still kind of bothers me.

H2k_TuiIJzQ

Sign in to follow this