Augie1995

Which band offers the best guitar solo

In my opinion, best guitar solos aren't just fast but they also have emotion to them. Which is why I want to know what people consider of bands that have great guitar solos. Here's my list of bands with great guitar solos:

The GazettE

Alice Nine

Galneryus (Syu may just be shredding sometimes but his guitar solos also feel like if it was trying to imitate the vocalist)

Versailles

DELUHI

Abingdon Boys School

Matenrou Opera

Nightmare

SID

ViViD

UVERworld

Your thoughts?

You should post youtube links to specific songs.

Of course I agree with Versailles, but I'm trying to think of my other favorites.

I will :D

B'z, Luna Sea, and Anthem definitely.

hRqp8FgPwD8

(solo is at 3:28 - 4:07)

ZsxfJOLct9U

14ozHngHr6Q

Of course there a gazillion more examples from them . . .

Oh and the intro of this is just beautiful . . .

vnIdoJW7c9E

^_____^ Lol! Eizo is so funny.

MEJIBRAY's song Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras- has some pretty sweet soloing in it.

qhszHPNqjoU

Check it out from 2:15! My fave guitar solo from 2011, no kidding.

Viored - Kimikage Kusa. Hands down the greatest solo in the history of japanese rock. So awesome. So emotional.

9CQz_0gMGTg

Also, many other Viored solos and almost every solo of X Japan, Gazette's Pledge has quite an epic solo too. Many Deluhi solos, Versailles etc.

Personally I prefer guitar solos that has clear melodies, solos that really show the effort they put in it. I don't find pointless shredding as anything. (unless Jari Mäenpää is doing it while being a mastermind) Don't give a shit how fast someone can play, it's the composing skills that matter.

MEJIBRAY's song Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras- has some pretty sweet soloing in it.

qhszHPNqjoU

Seconded <3

Hmm..

♥ Versailles

♥ DELUHI

♥ MEJIBRAY

♥ the GazettE

♥ D'espairsRay

♥ 凛 -the end of corruption world-

These came just up in my mind. :P

Jake's solos in GUNIW TOOLS were pretty epic.

Wasn't that solo in Yasashisa wa Atataka na Shihaisha made by him? If so, then I agree with you

Well, now that I fell in love with Lareine's flamboyant concept (which was better than MM's own) - I would like to make a note about awesome solos on their first major album

example

6deBcQV6Yd4&t

2:06-2:22

Mayu was a great composer and guitarist, wish he could join some full-time project instead of constantly hanging up with Kamijo

Seriously.

Jake's solos in GUNIW TOOLS were pretty epic.

Wasn't that solo in Yasashisa wa Atataka na Shihaisha made by him? If so, then I agree with you

Yes, it is. GUNIW NIWLUN~SPARKY era has some really awesome solos made by him!

Deluhi has some nice guitar solos, but to be honest, I wouldn't have thought of them if people here didn't mention them. I actually paid more attention to Aggy than Leda(?) on the handful of songs I enjoy by them.

Versailles is another band whose guitar solos I enjoy, but I don't consider them to be the mecca of guitar virtuosos. Talented, yes, but I feel like they draw so much negativity because of how high a pedestal people place them on, and this is coming from someone who technically considers them his favorite band.

In that same vein, Hizaki's "Mizerable" has a fantastic solo if you can get past the low-budget quality.

Do we have to stick to Japanese bands? Avenged Sevenfold has a few solos I really enjoy, namely "Bat Country"'s, and Dream Theater's 6 minute wanking can also be very nice.

Sort of off topic, but on topic at the same time: I prefer songs with elaborate guitar structures as a whole a lot more than a short 45 second flaunt-fest. I cannot tell you how many times I've reviewed an album and described a guitar solo as "obligatory." Doing a solo because you feel you need one, even if it's just for 10 seconds, is not something I enjoy. I'd rather there be no solo than a forced one. For example, Malice Mizer's first full-length album with Gackt had a lot of songs with awesome guitar parts, but not really any solos, like "追憶の破片" and "死の舞踏." Also, Hizaki's "Lunar Eclipse" is also a very nice song, but it doesn't really have a solo because it's an instrumental focused on just...well...him (a concerto, then?). However, when it comes to soloing, I'm a sucker for neo-classical shredding arpeggios and baroque-esque melodic structures.

In Japanese music, that's easy for me: DEAD END.

Pretty much all of their old guitar solos are stunning. Serafine, Serpent Silver and Skeleton Circus are some songs which have magnificent solos that even X Japan can't touch with most of theirs. That says something.

qhszHPNqjoU

Thank you, because of this solo, I am now in love with this band who i dared not even try. That was just simply 40 seconds of awesomeness!!!

XI ~ sai ~

o998E8gUJxA

at 1:48 <3

- COLOR

- Metis Gretel / Megaromania

1ZqGAw9aIFI

My fave J-rock solos video, that i made some years ago xD

qhszHPNqjoU

Was going to say this myself. It's also my favourite guitar solo from 2011! Impressive. :)

1ZqGAw9aIFI

My fave J-rock solos video, that i made some years ago xD

I really like your video! ♥ but I didn´t know some of the bands and songs, do you have a list with the names?

I think Vidoll also has some really nice guitar solos (:

I will always prefer feeling and emotion in a guitar solo and a song over complex structure or technical musicianship. Not to say there aren't bands and musicians who can successfully do both.

Sticking just to J-rock bands my list is pretty short and consist of "mainstream" groups. Most of which have been mentioned.

the Gazette

Alice Nine

Nightmare

Hiedi

Abingdon Boys School

Anthem

Blood Stain child (Only on their last album)

Dir en grey (When they used to have solos in their old material)

That's pretty much what comes to mind. If we were talking about non-Japanese bands I could easily come up with a huge ass list that could take up a full page.

I really like your video! ♥ but I didn´t know some of the bands and songs, do you have a list with the names?

Thanks! ^^

I had wrote a tracklist, look at the description.