Sign in to follow this  
ShanethVarosa

Kaya - Awilda

Didn't see a topic for a review for this short single and I'm shocked, because it was so good!

In general, I was extremely pleased with this release. Awilda was a song that maybe I've heard before, but still has amazing qualities (as in Kaya wrote the lyrics and sung them.) Composition was a little... been done, but anything that Kaya does I generally approve of. But what I'm really getting at is how good Sink was. I literally think Sink is by far his best song. I tie it with Ophelia, my other favorite. I really hope he doesn't take this long to do another single. I want more new music from him by the end of 2010.

The single gets a 10/10 if only for Sink.

Amazing single. But my short review:

Awilda: I love Kaya's voice and he instruments you can hear. 10/10

Sink: I find this song really "cute". 8/10

Awilda (Instrumental): Kaya's voice is amazing but I also enjoy the instruments a lot in this song. 10/10

It took a year for Kaya to release another single, and he still doesn't fail me yet. What I really loved about this single were the symphonic elements combined with the electronic ones. I also agree with Shaneth about him releasing more stuff by the end of this year.

i like this single.

both song are nicely done.

and the voiceless version are my favourite.

i wish for kaya to do something more like this :P

Awilda - I didn't think it was really special, wasn't doing it for me. Though it was better than everything Kaya has ever released. I also thought the intro sounded like something you would find in Kingdom Hearts. That's a good thing for me. 6,5/10

Sink - Don't remember at all how it sounded after 2 listens. 6/10

Overall: I should stop trying Kaya. It's not my style. Don't want to offend anyone with this review, I'm just someone who tries alot of artists and bands and then immediately reviews.

I find myself agreeing with the Kingdom Hearts comments haha, but yeah Phones666 if it's not really your thing I don't blame you for not liking it. For me though, awesome single. I love his genre of music.

I agree with Shaneth and pretty much adore anything Kaya does. I think I prefer Sink as well, but I love the semi-epicness of Awilda as well. Kaya is one of my favorite artists ever and it is too bad that he does not release more music. Of course I give this one a 10!

@ShanethVarosa, thanks for understanding 8D But I think that to people who ARE in to this is a really great song. I mean, I don't like Kaya at all and even I rated it above the 6 XD That says enough about how good it is.

I'm new to Kaya so after listening to this a few times

still not sure if i like it or not, one more time!!!

Oh and is it just me or does he sound a bit like Kamijo?

lol but kaya naturally sings like the way he does (as in he naturally has a deep voice and thus a large range), whereas Kamijo tries to sound like a vampire LOL.

Sign in to follow this