Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

[2011.08.31] the GazettE - REMEMBER THE URGE (maxi-single)

Eh, this time the criticism/bashing is warranted. This single is just bad - all of it. They know it too (why else would REMEMBER THE URGE not be on TOXIC?). It's probably another throwaway single to have them reach their quota of releases.

I think you are probably right.

The post-DIM singles are hit and miss.

SHIVER - did not like

RED - actually really enjoyed

PLEDGE - did not like

VORTEX - "kind of" liked

REMEMBER THE EDGE - did not like

Okay yeah, im total huge gazette fan. I loved ALL of their post DIM singles but REMEMBER THE URGE single wasn't at all that great. Remember the Urge was all right. Once again, they catch me with their riffs and solos and that starting drumroll but it was a pretty plain song. CLEVER MONKEY was a short song...it felt like they got a bit lazy on that one and the only thing i remember from it is the tapping solo. Chijou was actually my fave song on this single but yet it also felt unfulfilling. This still doesn't lower my expectations for TOXIC but I'm not gonna be spamming this single on my iPod.

Don't really like it. sounds boring to me! I liked VORTEX/uncertain sense more but this single just ruined my hype over them!!

Like everyone says,its just another throwaway again.

5/10

Remember The Urge

boring 0/10

Clever Monkey

Nice until reita starts singing the title of the song over and over again. 3/10

Chijou

....I'm just done with this single already and gave up on this song. 0/10

I think jrock or VK is just fading off on me.

I just hope the album isn't shit.

chijou is like dim scene mashed with chizuru with distortion on top of that

So that's why I like it so much. Love Chizuru and DIM SCENE.

I love pizza and éclairs but don't love when they're two years old, all moldy and wrapped around each other, if you know what I mean.

I love dim scene and liked chizuru (got tired of it quite quickly anyway),

but seeing the same formula so explicitly abused without any attempt to make it anything better than originals, — or at least anything different from originals, is not cool at all.

tldr fuck this crap

Sooo~

I heart the single now ... more or less ~

and I don't know why but remember the urge sounds more bad now too me and boring...

and clever monkey is like... hmm I expected more when I read some comments here...

and Chijou was pretty okay in my opinion...the best song on the single

REMEMBER THE URGE 4/10

Clever Monkey 5/10

Chijou 6.5/10

and many riffs... sounded really like... normal gaze shit ~

I just hope that TOXIC will not screw up... and at least... they have all time of the world to make a better album next time ^^

chijou is like dim scene mashed with chizuru with distortion on top of that

So that's why I like it so much. Love Chizuru and DIM SCENE.

I love pizza and éclairs but don't love when they're two years old, all moldy and wrapped around each other, if you know what I mean.

I love dim scene and liked chizuru (got tired of it quite quickly anyway),

but seeing the same formula so explicitly abused without any attempt to make it anything better than originals, — or at least anything different from originals, is not cool at all.

tldr fuck this crap

You got a point. Compared to Chijou, Chizuru and DIM SCENE were much better. I missed the improvement indeed.

You got a point. Compared to Chijou, Chizuru and DIM SCENE were much better. I missed the improvement indeed.

Chijou are so far from par with DIM SCENE of even Chizuru...

REMEMBER THE URGE are kind of catchy and easy listening to me, but if it compared with RED, it's kinda underwhelmed...

CLEVER MONKEY are hilarious, RUKI's laugh are cheap, and tre rest are generic...

Yeah, I don't expect it's a good release from them, but the title song only from REMEMBER THE URGE are quite enjoyable... Overall 2/5

Not a single song on this cd was even slightly interesting... :|

Wow, this might be their worst single yet. Or I'm just growing tired of the GazettE. Or quite possibly both.

I'll be interested again if they do another DIM kind of thing... because right now they're just boring.

I don't think the single is bad, it's just severely generic...

Honestly, this single shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone here. The gazette has been generic for a long-ass time, they've just had a few catchy songs here and there. If anyone here was truly expecting to be left in awe after listening to this single, then you're a blithering idiot.

I can't even begin to count the amount of generic Japanese bands I've listened to over the years, and the gazette is no different - they just happen to be popular. And because of that, you get a whole buncha people coming in here shitting on the gazette, expressing their "uber-disappointment" like the band's previous material was god-tier or some shit. The gazette is generic. Always have been. Get over it.

To be honest, this isn't even worth "reviewing".....and a lot of you already know that, yet you still proceeded to add more shit to the cesspool.

^An example of a generic band is Uverworld. Gazette has not always been like that.

But I'm TOTALLY blown away by your CoOl attitude! Apart from the generic gazette, you are such an unique person! wow!

^An example of a generic band is Uverworld. Gazette has not always been like that.

But I'm TOTALLY blown away by your CoOl attitude! Apart from the generic gazette, you are such an unique person! wow!

You best be trollin'.

And because of that, you get a whole buncha people coming in here shitting on the gazette, expressing their "uber-disappointment" like the band's previous material was god-tier or some shit. The gazette is generic. Always have been. Get over it.

Eh, the GazettE has certainly made more interesting songs than these new ones.

"Always have been. Get over it." is just really sad IMO, because it just makes it look like you can't hear the difference between a Disorder song, a DIM song and now this. :|

Remember the Urge IS generic, I agree with you on that. And plenty of songs past DIM were also generic. But to say that everything on DIM and before DIM is generic too is just madness.

No offense or anything, but sometimes you could just shut up. You make yourself look like an idiot.

No offense or anything, but sometimes you could just shut up. You make yourself look like an idiot.

He is right about "Gazette has not always been like that" and the look-I'm-cool attitude of CAT5 this time though.

lol. there are less bands that sound like uverworld and more bands that sound like gazette. #justsayin

I think there are far more creative reasons to criticize the Gazette than the fact they are "generic" imho. Especially considering at least 100% of the people posting here listen to some kind of band that is technically "generic." To sympathize with CAT5 it DOES get incredibly old to see the same exact bands getting the same "generic, generic" response over and over again when the music actually has redeeming qualities or very, very negative qualities to appreciate.

You know, I come in here to expect seeing some ACTUAL reviews about the release but all i get is 3 pages of "generic" and "crap" I thought the reviews sections was to rate the release and give reasons for their decisions and not just say "its the same old generic crap, they should disband already"

After listening to it some more:

REMEMBER THE URGE: It was kinda "meh" but after a while it started sticking and I like it. It was pretty cool what Aoi and Uruha did with how their guitars are contradicting themselves doing their own, then once chorus comes in they "unite." The guitar solos by Uruha are always great to me and this one didn't displease. I give this song a 7.5/10.

CLEVER MONKEY: Okay this song was pretty cool with its great guitar riffs! Like most comments on YouTube, Ruki is my favorite vocalist for those laughs. The one thing

I disliked was that after the first verse, the 2nd part was just a repeat and i honestly thought I had rewinded the song but the way the tapping solo just came in was great and I loved that. The ending was pretty nice and i found myself headbanging to it. I give this song an 8/10

Chijou: The way it starts off real slow i was thinking of VOICELESS FEAR and then suddenly it gets the screaming in and I thought THE TRUE MURDEROUS INTENT's intro haha. This one also feels like it repeats but it strays with the "kami wo naderu no wa" and then it goes real fast tempo and then back into the chorus. The chorus felt unfinished and i thought "Really ruki?" until I saw his twitter and how he stated it was done that way purposely and he felt it would be great live. I honestly think this song is my fave of the single for some reason. Maybe because of the mood it gives and like some are saying, it has a "DIM" sensation to it. I give this song an 8.5/10

Overall, this single gets an 8/10 from me. I kind of like that RTU wont be included in TOXIC since it feels like a filler but it was still a decent single and its not a waste of my time.

^ I guess you are right - I am going to give a "proper" review on this single right now:

(Reviewing this while relistening to the WHOLE single)

1. Remember the Urge - starts off with a Lynch-ish feedback, which is quite nice! Also digging the intro solo, but when Ruki starts singing...it's just so awkward that he has no emotions nor soul in his verse vocals and same goes for the chorus... it just doesn't hit the "wow"-spot in my rating spectrum. Breakdown is somewhat similar to their earlier heavy tracks a la Leech for example - Uruha's solo pops up and saves a few seconds of this "emotionless" song but it cuts off awkwardly before the acoustic pre-chorus...yeah, Gazette - we've heard this already - I am quite kind today so I will give this 7/10

2. Clever Monkey - RTU's Distorted Daytime with Headache Man-ish parts. HMMM the intro riff sounds pretty crunchy but when the chorus hits after a half minute...it's just bland. Ruki should take a note in this: stop repeating the same stupid title, it's just plain annoying...Uruha's mini-solo tries to save this song in vain. Briefly put, this song just didn't impress me at all - 5/10

3. Chijou- ChizuruDIMSCENEmutant sans flawless synth/violin, sounds pretty much like a simple angsty nu-metal song. No impressive parts, again! Agreeing with some people right here - it truly sounds like a Pledge-ish b-side...I will give this 4/10 (once again, I AM KIND PERSON :3)

Conclusion: RtU was the only diverse track off this single, but it didn't help that much when it comes to impression...wow, Gazette - are you seriously trying to promote your new album with LEFTOVERS?

:Umno: 5/10 !

Sign in to follow this