Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

[2011.08.31] the GazettE - REMEMBER THE URGE (maxi-single)

dunno, think all songs are boring as hell, might change after a few listens, but at first, pff not even worth listening to this again

all 3 generic songs, nothing new or special

I was kinda exited =D

Remember the urge isn't bad at all it sounds nice!

The melodies sounds like, for me, alike @ Alice9 lol. xD

I pretty like the 2nd song ''CLEVER MONKEY'' =D the intro of it is nice & I kinda like that ''evil laugh'' too lolled.

The 3rd track is just okay, not my favorite one but it's good. ^^

Well, this just none different than their trademark sounds.

But since i find myself repeating the single for 10th time straight, so i think i like it.

I haven't repeat their single this much since RED.

the third song of the single is the moment for me.

The creme de la creme of the single.

Though title song isn't too shabby as well.

I don't know how they would compose an album with this kind of sounds.

If it will work at all if they make it like DIM,

and mix it with some of this radio friendly songs on the track list.

But this single a pretty much making me interested again for the album.

It is average, if you like something raw, sorry it's not for you.

But this single is fun, so if you like rock music that you can bang at the party

or when you drive or on trip with train or shit, then there is a chance you might like this.

I don't even going to stop playing it for this week.

It have this thing that making me abusing the play button again and again and again.

For that, this single is a decent effort by them.

There is no use for highly skilled music if will only be heard for once or twice.

I wasn't expecting much considering, imho, their last couple singles all sound the same.

I was disappointed.

First track - yeah, I was expecting it to sound like everything else.

Second track - eh, the "heavier" song on every single.

Third track - the slow song.

I'll give it a 2/5 only due to the fact that they can still release singles that continue to make fans happy.

REMEMBER THE URGE 2/10- Horrible song. Ruki legit sounds bored and its...just a bad song.

CLEVER MONKEY 8/10- FRESH. Its new. Its badass. NOT BORING. But not amazing.

CHIJOU 9.5-The preview made this the song that i couldnt wait to hear. Kinda reminds me off their DIM era stuff but its still something that hasnt been done. Chorus is pretty nice. BLAH. AWESOME SONG.

The GazettE has done what i thought they couldn't. Impress me again.

- REMEMBER THE URGE: not bad.

- CLEVER MONKEY: not bad but forgettable.

- Chijou: boring.

I didn't have any expectations, so it wasn't really a let-down. Nice background listening actually! The first two songs were pretty decent. Couldn't really get into the third one, it just passes me by, pretty unmemorable. I think this CD is on par with their VORTEX single, meaning that I liked it a bit better than their previous singles for the coming album.

~gazerock isn't dead~

expected it to be one of the worst releases of the year based on previews, and it didn't disappointed. Disband plz, this is getting embarrassing.

Short review:

Vortex > Red > Shiver = Remember the Urge > Pledge > Before I Decay.

This single and Shiver both had forgettable, but not altogether bad A-Sides and pretty great B-Sides, in my opinion.

Pledge and Before I Decay were shit and Red and Vortex were amazing, but of course this is just my opinion.

This particular single gets a 6, I'd say.

I don't go to the Gazette to be "original" anymore. They just know their sound so well that its great to listen to. That being said:

Remember the Urge - Not too bad. Different from their latest batch of singles, but is kind of lacking the energy that songs such as Shiver and Red had behind them. Sounds like a fun song to play, but it feels it's missing something. I think the chorus is the main thing lacking to me. 3/5

Clever Monkey - Ruki is totally my favorite laughing jrocker. lol. Once again, I don't go to Gazette for originality. This got me headbanging just as hard as "Headache Man" (and man did I have a headache...lol). Another song to go along with head bangers such as Headache Man and Discharge. Really fun to listen to. 4/5

Chijou - not going to lie, came in expecting this song to be my favorite b/c the preview sounded so awesome. But...eh...not to happy with it. Found the heaviness unnecessary. The chorus was blah. I don't like the singing on this song to be honest. It just has no whats the word? he just sounds like he's just going through the motions and not actually feeling the song. 2.5/5

Overall: 3/5. Another average single, but I did enjoy the B-sides more than the other singles released thus far. Not gonna lie...kinda happy this song isn't going to be on the album. It doesn't have enough energy to it to make it good enough. Still very much more enjoyable to listen to then their recent singles.

REMEMBER THE URGE - Expected something more after hearing the pv-preview, but it's still not bad... neither really good. It's just ok. Sounds like another anime opening tbh.

CLEVER MONKEY - The chorus is nice (still nothing new though), but the other parts are really bad.

Chijou - I've listened to it 3 times, but can't even recall any moment of this song.

Remember The Urge

Very generic, very catchy. Very listenable. Sounds good to ear. Nice melodies. Overall a very nice song. 8/10

Clever Monkey

Kinda boring. Chorus was easily the highlight of the song. The "solo" was pointless, but it didn't sound bad. Loved the laugh tough. 6/10

Chijou

I was expecting a bit more, since the sample was really awesome. The mood is awesome, but it's kinda forgettable. Needs more listenings. 7/10?

It was just like I expected. Very steady stuff. Nothing "omgzwoah", but it doesn't suck. Like Vortex did.

My favorites of the singles, not counting b-sides, since I don't remember most of them anyway.

Pledge -> Red/Remember The Urge -> Shiver -> Vortex -> Before I Decay

mmm dim leftovers

clever monkey sounds like patched up early demo of 13 stairs.

chijou is like dim scene mashed with chizuru with distortion on top of that, remember the miseinen speaks for itself.

surprised they haven't released this straight after before I decay before rolling out a complete shit singles triade.

less disgusting than previous releases, still no sings of creative effort tho.

"When they put "Gazerock is Not Dead" on a shirt, they sincerely meant it."

mmmm utube comments

dunno, think all songs are boring as hell, might change after a few listens, but at first, pff not even worth listening to this again

all 3 generic songs, nothing new or special

Pretty much what I was coming in here to say. This is easily the most boring single of the bunch. Found nothing to like in any of the songs.

remember the miseinen speaks for itself.

Oh, lol'd. I mean, sure the song was nothing new, but... saying those two songs are even remotely similar is like.. aaahaha.

mmm dim leftovers

chijou is like dim scene mashed with chizuru with distortion on top of that, remember the miseinen speaks for itself.

surprised they haven't released this straight after before I decay before rolling out a complete shit singles triade.

less disgusting than previous releases, still no sings of creative effort tho.

"When they put "Gazerock is Not Dead" on a shirt, they sincerely meant it."

mmmm utube comments

Quoting this just because I am speechless about this record right now - in a bad way

2/10 for no effort

sorry Generic-a-zettE.

Severe boredom made me go Youtube this thing. Horrid. Why is Ruki a vocalist again? His clean singing voice makes my skin crawl and his growling makes Satsuki sound like a pro. And he can't make a pleasant melody to save his life. Baffling.

Guitars have a few nice moments, but once a solo or something of the sort comes along it's back to sounding like 1985. And the songs go nowhere as usual.

mmm dim leftovers

Comparing Clever Monkey to 13 Stairs? I'm shattered.

That's their only recent song (and i'm speaking of 13 Stairs) that makes them at least half decent.

mmm dim leftovers

Comparing Clever Monkey to 13 Stairs? I'm shattered.

That's their only recent song (and i'm speaking of 13 Stairs) that makes them at least half decent.

The riff is extremely similar I must say. I can see the resemblance. Other than the riff though the song is garbage.

I don't know why you guys allways screw up with gazette... I mean there are so many more shitty bands there outside... and you say like wooow thats soo good... but I just hear indie...bad shit...

I didn't heart the single yet... but I don't know why you judge them so hard...

(I don't wanna piss you of now)

I just wanna know, why you push them so hard ^^

also one person here... I never read a positive comment from that person yet xD in any review xD

so please tell me guys !!!

(and don't understand wrong !)

chijou is like dim scene mashed with chizuru with distortion on top of that

So that's why I like it so much. Love Chizuru and DIM SCENE.

Eh, this time the criticism/bashing is warranted. This single is just bad - all of it. They know it too (why else would REMEMBER THE URGE not be on TOXIC?). It's probably another throwaway single to have them reach their quota of releases.

The title track is a boring, plain, generic standard alternative rock track that fails to stand out in any way. It's a waste of 3 minutes. CLEVER MONKEY is complete garbage and sounds like 13 STAIRS[-]1 if they recorded it for STACKED RUBBISH and not DIM. Chijou at least tries to be interesting but doesn't totally get there. It's still better than the other two piles of junk.

3/10 tops. This is worse than PLEDGE.

Sign in to follow this