Number Girl

The Official "I NEED HELP!" Thread: J-Rock Questions

Hi all,

I just got a batch of CDS and one of them, GULLET's "hidden baby",  seems to have audio 'damage'. You can hear crackling at some points throughout the song (and I know from comparing to other rips it is not supposed to have this crackle). I put damage in quotes because the disc is perfectly clean, no scratches or smudges.

Also, I can't rip music from the CD.

The only thing I can think of that might be the cause of the noise is that the disc is see-through. Maybe the disc-reader has trouble scanning the data? Only thing is, I have other discs like that and they play perfectly fine and I can rip music from them.

So, my only conclusion is that it's a manufacturing issue.

Any knowledge about this issue would much appreciated and helpful :'(

Thanks in advance.

Hello there~ I don't really know if this is supposed to go there, but, i just helpless in the topic, i tried to search for new bands which formed from ex-VAJRA members, especially the vocalist, but, seems like im about to find nothing, i know Nobro had a band with ex-OZ member, Zukki(?) the band name was Doppler, but other than that, i couldn't find nothing, and it seems like they are not very active, maybe disbanded idk... please help? :3

Ohayo ^^ I was just listening to Sad Mask by Syndrome, and heard it sung by Asagi, and then the previous version that was sung by someone called Tatsuya. But there isn't any info on him that I could find. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about him? He sounds oddly familliar (maybe cause of the bad vocals :D). Thanks.

^ Tatsuya went on to sing in ELECTNINE and then to zechs. He changed his stage name to Pami and is currently in yet another new band called Neologic (I think he also had a very brief, very lame solo career inbetween too xD).

Wow, that's some serious image change :D I kinda like his following stuff better, although that cyber-pop thing kinda reminds me of Yohio lol. Thanks Jig ^^

I'm still in over my head on RUM=SALJUQ, I have this tape but there is just zero information on them. 

That's just going to happen sometimes, unfortunately... especially with demotapes. I've gotten plenty of them that as far as the internet is concerned, the band never existed at all XD

I'm still in over my head on RUM=SALJUQ, I have this tape but there is just zero information on them. 

Dang, if I had a demo tape from a band with zero presence on the Internet, I'd upload it immediately. Bound to be someone somewhere who can tell you something about it.

^ Would you be so kind to purchase a recording set for me then?

I did it with a tape cassette player, auxiliary cable, and Audacity, which is free. 

Does anyone know where can I find more info on Kairi's (ex-Siva, GaNesha) first band, ヴィシュヌ (Vishnu)? Not last.fm or vkdb because there's virtually nothing there. I'd love to find their songs as well. I understand there wasn't much but I'm really curious to hear how they sounded. Thanks in advance ♥

EDIT: My last question was easily answered so here's another one. Is there anything available online by TO DESTINATION other than Eden? I love every song on it but I can't find anything else by them.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or if I should open an own thread for this, but this is something, that's bothering me for a whole while now.

Some years ago I heard a song, which was from an omnibus album I think and I neither know the artist, nor the song title.

Maybe someone will think "oh that must be [...]" after my description, so I'll give it a try.

The song had pretty calm verses with I think just a guitar and really weird vocals. They were kinda disharmonic, having some on-purpose off pitch stuff going on.

The chorus on the other hand, which started pretty suddenly, was with loud harsh vocals - kinda shouting, with hard guitars and so on.

In my memory the vocalist sounds similar to Calmando Qual's, but that could be a bit off, too.

Overall the production wasn't the best, but it sounded listenable.

I think the song was 5 or even 6 + minutes long and had a long kanji title. I could be wrong with that though.

Been searching for the song for over a year now as I can't get it out of my head.

I really hope you can help me! 

E: I'm not sure about this, but I THINK it could've been on whatever omnibus album couch<<case's DRY FISH was on. Couldn't find out which one it was yet, though :\

E: I'm not sure about this, but I THINK it could've been on whatever omnibus album couch<<case's DRY FISH was on. Couldn't find out which one it was yet, though :\

Could it be a song from this?

http://u-zd-company.moo.jp/list/cd/va/PLGV-004.html

It's the only compilation work I could find featuring that song.

You can listen to previews of each song here:

http://www.indiesmusic.com/item/?id=4016

Could it be a song from this?

http://u-zd-company.moo.jp/list/cd/va/PLGV-004.html

It's the only compilation work I could find featuring that song.

You can listen to previews of each song here:

http://www.indiesmusic.com/item/?id=4016

Ah thank you, but sadly it's not on this one. I feel like the version of DRY FISH I had felt more demo-ish/ unfinished than this one, but that's another story.

Still no clue what the song I'm searching was called :\

bing bing i have a pretty easy question for yall

regarding RES - ain soph aur and kagerou - shinjuuka, are either of them remasters or the original songs just added to a compilation? if they're identical then i have no reason to keep the songs i already have from these best of albums

thank y'all in advance.

^ regarding RES, I'm fairly sure nothing was remastered or anything like that. I'd say just keep the exclusive songs.

Does anybody know what happened to the rest of Kagrra? Right now it feels like the only one still actively doing music is Nao.

pretty late, but to answer your question: Nao now goes by NAOKI and is working as support for various bands, as well as a tentative solo artist under PSC. but I assume you already know this by now.

I think Shin is working as a producer for PSC bands as well. Izumi and Akiya probably became salarymen for all I know, I haven't heard from them since Kagrra,'s disbandment. Still hoping Akiya pops up in a new band with people from me-al art or whatever, but that's wishful thinking at best.