Number Girl

The Official "I NEED HELP!" Thread: J-Rock Questions

18 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

^ It's X JAPAN, that's for sure. Dunno which song tho.

Thought is sounded very similar! Now, to search the gig lists.

Edit: it's probably from this gig: 1986.10.25 目黒鹿鳴館 (Shu and Hikaru Last Live).

Edit 2: It's "Only Way". The gig in better quality is here.

Edited by Laurence02

Hopefully someone can help me, I'm trying to track down a single/band that featured Saga from Alice Nine (he wore a mask maybe? I remember he called himself 'Tomorrow Joe') and it was some sort of one off super band thing, the song was possibly called 'Wanna see you'?

Any ideas?

17 minutes ago, Plastictorium said:

Hopefully someone can help me, I'm trying to track down a single/band that featured Saga from Alice Nine (he wore a mask maybe? I remember he called himself 'Tomorrow Joe') and it was some sort of one off super band thing, the song was possibly called 'Wanna see you'?

Any ideas?

There ya go.

Tora also participated in the supergroup The Tokyo High Black as lead guitarist "Mon Marshy," with Saga as "Tomorrow Joe" and Musasaby (Nao from Kagrra,), Madao (Keiyu from Kra), Tako (Takuya from Administrator) and Gey (drums).

Can someone help me out on this? I'm trying to make sense of different versions of releases (mostly by DEG)

• 通常盤 → Regular version. Including main CD, sometimes with extras.
  • 初回生産限定盤 → Initial limited version. Literally "first-run limited edition production recording". Often called 初回盤 ("first press"). Different cat.-no. than 通常盤.
  • 初回仕様限定盤 →  Initial limited version. Literally "first-run limited edition technical recording". Same cat.-no. as 通常盤.
  • 完全生産限定盤 → Special limited version.
  • 完全受注生産限定盤 → Limited order-only deluxe version.
  • 初回封入特典 → Means that an extra is included, such as a sticker/photo card.
  • 特殊パッケージ仕様 → Means that the jacket is special in some way.

Is there anything to add/correct? And what's the difference between 2nd and 3rd?

Edited by Seelentau

On 11/12/2017 at 4:32 AM, Seelentau said:

Can someone help me out on this? I'm trying to make sense of different versions of releases (mostly by DEG)

• 通常盤 → Regular version. Including main CD, sometimes with extras.
  • 初回生産限定盤 → Initial limited version. Literally "first-run limited edition production recording". Often called 初回盤 ("first press"). Different cat.-no. than 通常盤.
  • 初回仕様限定盤 →  Initial limited version. Literally "first-run limited edition technical recording". Same cat.-no. as 通常盤.
  • 完全生産限定盤 → Special limited version.
  • 完全受注生産限定盤 → Limited order-only deluxe version.
  • 初回封入特典 → Means that an extra is included, such as a sticker/photo card.
  • 特殊パッケージ仕様 → Means that the jacket is special in some way.

Is there anything to add/correct? And what's the difference between 2nd and 3rd?

The first press of 通常盤 sometimes will have some extras that later presses will not have, maybe a different color jacket, extra sticker etc.

The 4th one is usually refered to as a deluxe version afaik.

I think the last one doesn't mean only a different jacket, instead of the jewel case it will be released in a totally different way (look at dir's rinkaku,  sustain etc).

1 hour ago, hotcocoa said:

The first press of 通常盤 sometimes will have some extras that later presses will not have, maybe a different color jacket, extra sticker etc.

The 4th one is usually refered to as a deluxe version afaik.

I think the last one doesn't mean only a different jacket, instead of the jewel case it will be released in a totally different way (look at dir's rinkaku,  sustain etc).

That would be 初回封入特典, right? I saw it on a poster for DEG's debut singles, it said that as 初回封入特典, photo cards were included, with lyrics on the back. But a friend said that it's not first press...

101030818.jpg

Does anyone of you know the tracklist for this CD? 

Bought it recently but there is no way where I can find a tracklist. 

Appreciate some help, will share it later (it's not up here afaik)

On 2018/1/4 at 10:14 PM, Seelentau said:

Does anyone know a band with a track called 二人静?

And anything about an artist(?) called 井上M?

Not a band - it's Nakamori Akina's song. Kyo is a big fan of her.

InoueM is deg's old manager.

1 hour ago, hotcocoa said:

Not a band - it's Nakamori Akina's song. Kyo is a big fan of her.

InoueM is deg's old manager.

Ah yes, that matches what I found. So they covered her and Inoue had his own "band" that day, lul. Thank you. :)

This is a bit of a shot in the dark but it's something that's bugged me for over 20 years... Sorry, I can't remember the exact year, maybe 1996/1997. I was in Hong Kong visiting a little second hand Japanese bookshop in Causeway Bay. A stack of CDs caught my eye because they were really pretty and the shop don't normally sell CDs. The CDs were all the same: in jewel cases, no sleeves, and the CDs were plain silvery except for a white snowflake/ star pattern on it and the words "L'Arc en Ciel". Any idea which song or release that might have been?

I have since tried to google image search it but to no avail. My best guess is it was a promo for an upcoming single.

I am of course still kicking myself for not having bought it or I'd be driving a ferrari by now  :tw_bawling:

I am sure this might have been discussed in another thread - so forgive me if this is redundant - but I'm trying to find a free VPN Website/Proxy that accesses Japanese content and YouTube.  I have UK and EU proxy sites, but am still limited when trying to access Japanese native content.  Let me know if anyone can help me out as I have been looking for a simple solution for a while.  Thanks.

On 17/04/2018 at 3:37 PM, TheStoic said:

I am sure this might have been discussed in another thread - so forgive me if this is redundant - but I'm trying to find a free VPN Website/Proxy that accesses Japanese content and YouTube.  I have UK and EU proxy sites, but am still limited when trying to access Japanese native content.  Let me know if anyone can help me out as I have been looking for a simple solution for a while.  Thanks.

Vpngate.net always has Japanese proxies.

On 4/27/2018 at 2:01 PM, Laurence02 said:

Vpngate.net always has Japanese proxies.

@Laurence02 - Thank you so much!

Hi, I was looking through some old stuff of mine, and I stumbled upon these two chekis of the same person. I'm not sure who it is (or how/where I even got it from). I was wondering if someone knew who it was? Many apologies for the low quality photo (it was taken with my phone ;w;)

Spoiler

IMG_1464_zpsvkvw5lnm.jpg

Probably a stupid question but something I've never known: What does 'SE' mean? From context, it's obviously some intro instrumental track played from tape as a band walks out on stage. But what is it? Does it stand for something?

Sound effect.

jic your reaction means you don't trust me, from jpwiki:

音響効果(おんきょうこうか)、サウンドエフェクト (sound effect)、略してSEともいう。音楽コンサートにおいては開演前に客席に流す音楽や歌曲もSEと呼ぶ。

"Sound effect" is also called "SE" (from English "sound effect"). The music that plays for the audience before a concert starts is also called "SE".

Edited by Seelentau