Sign in to follow this  
jurideluhi

(review)DELUHI-Departure

Overall, not a terrible song, there are definitely worse songs by them...

but also: What. the. fuck?

Even though I did enjoy the song, they really don't ever need to do anything like this again.

Really.

What is with those synthed voices and the pop-sounding "woah woah"?

So not Deluhi.

this sounds like a remix they'd do for another song.

so simply, awful AND unnecessary.

and what's up with that second right before the chorus starts, that is probably the low point of the song.

[along with the 'woah, woah', but since this is... augh, I give up.]

one of their worst songs ever.

Disappointed. Although it's 'catchy' it's just not Deluhi material at all. Really didn't like it

Frontier > The farthest > Departure. That's my order of favourites out of these 3 singles.

And I agree with minre, definitely sounds more like a remix to me.

lol wow so far majority said it's a miss for this CD...

I haven't take it nor hear it, but this reviews interest and discouraged me in the same time. I like to hear how bad it is.....

Juri's voice, when he enters in the song, omg, give him something for his mouth so he shut the fuck ups and quit singing 8=> ! Overall, damn pop chorus, if it weren't for the drums, this would be an cafecore

It's not their best release, but it's not their worst one either. I thought it was an okay song, and yeah, even though it was poppish, it was still enjoyable and catchy. And please stop comparing them to gurugoomesh plzkthxbai.

So yeah, I think it's The farthest > Departure > Frontier.

TBH I'm a lot into pop and synth vocals. So yeah I did like it, probably not their best song but not the worst one though. (I still say remember the rain is the worst song by them). Also you guys have to get over it, not because a DELUHI song isn't omg so HxC means it's bad.

So my order would be The Farthest > Departure > Frontier

8/10

What ShanethVarosa said along with my two cents:

The technical expertise and the musicianship is top notch as usual; it's just that I'm not used to DELUHI playing pop-rock. I don't listen to DELUHI to hear pop-rock (and this is actually pop-ROCK, not pop music with guitars). Won't put this on repeat because the first two were miles better.

I really do think that the only thing that's a definite miss in this song is the atrocious use of synths at that chorus. If Juri just sung there like he does normally it wouldn't sound so forced. It'd actually sound...nice. As is, the chorus is cringe-worthy.

If you want my opinion (and you don't), s[K]ape:goat is worse than this and that's hxc and Remember the rain is worse than that and that's ballad-y. It just might be a grower though, who knows.

People saying 'get over it' etc. Seriously, I'm not comparing this to other songs, I have a preferance out of the 3 singles yes, but I'm not comparing. I AM saying this is not Deluhi material, why? Well, if they carry on the way they are with this stuff, I will lose all interest, fast. They are a VK/Metal band, and this is a completely different direction, one which for me is bad. This is my opinion, I dislike the song, there is no way I'm getting over it ;)

...you can always think how'd you feel if it were on the release with the other two, instead of this campaign nonsense, it'd be more tolerable, perhaps.

either way, I liked remember the rain, albeit it was a bit boring, I won't ignore its existence like I will this song.

it really should have been one single or at least not so sloppily put together, the three songs.

The way I see it, if you're going to get a fair following of fans for a year or two making a certain type of music, then you turn around and go "no wait guyz, we're gonna play this now lawlz" it's a bit of a kick to the crotch.

It should be understood though that while it's, in general, good for a band to play all sorts of types of music, it doesn't at all mean that they'll be good at all of the styles they decide to try to use. Deluhi are good at making heavier music, and they aren't good at making softer music. That's... all.

Anyway, haven't listened to this yet. Though from the preview and how it seems to sound from the posts here, I doubt I'll like any of it.

I seem to find myself in agreeance with a lot of these reviews.

I agree a lot with Prism's "The way I see it, if you're going to get a fair following of fans for a year or two making a certain type of music, then you turn around and go "no wait guyz, we're gonna play this now lawlz" it's a bit of a kick to the crotch." comment.

And I also agree with Jonjon's comment "TBH I'm a lot into pop synth vocals." I like them a lot too...

It just doesn't work here, I feel. I like that they're trying out different things, but now I think they should learn that this is not something they need to attempt again.

The Farthest > Frontier > Departure

(I would also like to point out that I disagree with the comment that Remember the Rain is their worst song... I actually love it... a lot haha, but that's just me)

omg. the intro sucks..

imo,this single is the worse followed by farthest. At least I like Frontier much than these two. plain,dull and boring. Why can't they make songs more like "s[k]ape:goat,orion once again and hybrid truth >__< I think this band would turn into a "pop" band any sooner maybe just like 12012 now D:

argh. DELUHI,you guys are sucks now..

rating: 3/10

they're trying to be FACT in this single lolz

at least that's what i can assume from Departure.

i mean, the guitar and the way Juri sing, wow reminds me a lot with FACT

Did i like it, yes i did. I quite digging this single, because i LOVE FACT so not having much problem.

But i wish they still doing heavier one, too.

And, i think the vocoder effects in the beginning are so miss placed.

Juri's voice, when he enters in the song, omg, give him something for his mouth so he shut the fuck ups and quit singing 8=> ! Overall, damn pop chorus, if it weren't for the drums, this would be an cafecore
Drums and the sweet ass guitar licks throughout the song, right? xD

Overall, for what it is, it's pretty awesome. No doubt this'll be a crowd pleaser. Different Deluhi, but, whatever, a name is just a name, and the musicians have created a pretty good song that's entertaining.

When I review something as you can see, I don't like at it as, "Oh, well this isn't the Deluhi I'm used to." Instead I just listen to the song for what it is, and judge it based on that.

I don't know why I just elaborated on that. :3

It's okay, I guess. It didn't grab my interest immediately, but it really grew on me after a few listens. It's kind of annoying when a heavier band (like DELUHI) makes a poppish song/release like Departure, and people keep nagging: IT'S TOO POPPISH WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM BOOOO, when it's just 1 release. I'm sure on their next release their will be enough heavy stuff. And don't make me start about those IT'S NOT HEAVY SO IT'S NOT GOOD people. I think Departure was rather enjoyable. 12012 could learn from DELUHI how to make poppish songs right. I give it an 8/10

Overall rating of the single campaign:

1. Frontier

2. Departure

3. the farthest (which I found absolutely horrible)

It's okay, I guess. It didn't grab my interest immediately, but it really grew on me after a few listens. It's kind of annoying when a heavier band (like DELUHI) makes a poppish song/release like Departure, and people keep nagging: IT'S TOO POPPISH WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM BOOOO, when it's just 1 release. I'm sure on their next release their will be enough heavy stuff. And don't make me start about those IT'S NOT HEAVY SO IT'S NOT GOOD people. I think Departure was rather enjoyable. 12012 could learn from DELUHI how to make poppish songs right. I give it an 8/10

Overall rating of the single campaign:

1. Frontier

2. Departure

3. the farthest (which I found absolutely horrible)

Well, you have a point, but the "poopish omg" too, I mean, the campaign has in it totality poopish chorus and some verses, even the Revolver single has it, so it's not a fear or something stupid, they have been adding some pop into his songs, that is a fact

perhaps that's why they called it the departure campaign.

Have u think about it? Changes of look and sounds and consecutive albums that ended with a total gap with their previous works and entitled as departure.

Sounds planned, don't you think? :P

Departure, Frontier and The farthest would've been better in the same single, with Frontier and Departure as the B-sides. The three consecutive month thing wasn't really such a good idea after all.

Besides, I don't get why people say that Departure is annoying; it does have a horrible intro, but its chorus is way less annoying than F.T.O's.

Sign in to follow this