Guest o hai itz will

Official Music Hate Thread

I think what people are getting at by Dir en grey being more American Metal sounding now is thus:

Everything BEFORE Withering to Death had a very indie Visual Kei feel to me. It wasn't... perfect music, but it was really good and entertaining to the people who really like the VK genre of music...

Now, post Withering to Death music has been reminiscent of American Metal/Scene/Screamo bands. Withering was kind of a transition, but Marrow of a Bone was full on American Metal to me. It was (obviously) not mainstream, but people outside of the VK scene (knowing from experience, some of my closest friends love Dir en grey and hate the Japanese VK movement) are big fans now.

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I think I'm hitting the mark pretty close.

Guest o hai itz will

Well it has more to do with the love of metal vs. the love of VK and J-Rock. Metal is a far more universal sound, and the stuff that comes from VK indie bands is not. The metal sound appeals to more people outside of the J-Rock fandom, which brings in more fans. I still wouldn't call this American Metal though. But that's just me.

Stop debating. Start hating. Shit why don't we just call this the "Dir en grey" thread FFS. It's like on every damn page.

Enter the Hate:

I hate it when people fap over rare VK demo recordings like it's God recording his private suite of angels singing and recording. First off, they all sound like shit. The music is horribly recorded and you probably can't tell one guitar from the other, or the bass, or the drums, the vocals suck. You've probably only listened to it once and keep it in your collection only to fap over it's rarity and how it was on a cassette that no one probably owns anymore. How often could you humanly listen to that awful shit? There's a reason why it was never re-recorded!

Honestly, how could anyone listen to most of La:Sadie's output? I put it up only because I had it and I don't think hoarding bad sounding music is my style and there are people out there that want it, but really? Most of what they put out sounds downright shitty but there are still fans of the band only because of what they became (I refuse to fucking utter that name again ITT) and not because they sound good. They don't.

As a matter of fact, how could anyone go even FURTHER back and listen to shit like Kyo's former band Gesshoku? Oh my fucking god that's horrible sounding shit. But no people hoard it because it's "rare", even if Think about death. sounds like my shit trying to speak German.

@Cat5: The major labels and japanese mainstream, are just as rotten and foul as the "indies" bands. "indie" in Japan is just a label that gets tossed around, but behind it all is far from independent.
oh, I'm aware of that. There are plenty of bands (not only in Japan) that get labeled "indie" in reference to the style of music they play. I'm also aware that there are many bands posing as "indie" when they're actually on a major label. A lot of major labels have sub-labels that are supposedly "independent". However, the indie music I'm referring to is the true DIY/underground stuff. The people that are making music for the pure joy of it instead of trying to appease some label. And that's as far from rotten as it gets.

Well it has more to do with the love of metal vs. the love of VK and J-Rock. Metal is a far more universal sound, and the stuff that comes from VK indie bands is not. The metal sound appeals to more people outside of the J-Rock fandom, which brings in more fans. I still wouldn't call this American Metal though. But that's just me.
You literally just reaffirmed my point, and then just tried to brush it off with "I wouldn't label Dir en grey American metal." In reality, in actual reality, they're getting there more and more with every release. The fact that they have Japanese titles and lyrics in Japanese only proves one thing: They're from Japan and are speaking their native tongue. Not that they're specifically "Japanese Metal."

Guest o hai itz will

I didn't reaffirm anything you said. I just said that you can't call them American Metal because their sound is not reminiscent of "american metal/screamo/scene" bands. Maybe you agree with me, idk.

and besides: I am an asshole when it comes to music genres and labels, and "screamo/scene" is sooo far from their label.

I didn't reaffirm anything you said. I just said that you can't call them American Metal because their sound is not reminiscent of "american metal/screamo/scene" bands. Maybe you agree with me, idk.

and besides: I am an asshole when it comes to music genres and labels, and "screamo/scene" is sooo far from their label.

I'm really tired of debating. But I will say this: I had said that it has a lot to do with a love of metal vs a love of vk music, and u said the same thing, this is where you reaffirmed me, and if you truly do believe that then i do agree with you, but where we disagree is that you don't think they're american metal, whereas i feel they are moving in that direction, more and more with every release, not that they're there now, but Hageshisa to... was by far the closest they've come to being American metal, it just so happens to have a japanese title that was a line in the song.

I really don't care about genres and labels and maybe I'm wrong with "screamo/scene" but all i'm saying is fans of The Devil Wears Prada and A Day to Remember also like Dir en grey, it's all I'm saying.

To change the subject:

I hated Kaya's Meikyoku Series 1 and feel it warrents no part 2. This was the only part of Kaya's career I do not accept as an actual release.

I hate it when people fap over rare VK demo recordings like it's God recording his private suite of angels singing and recording. First off, they all sound like shit. The music is horribly recorded and you probably can't tell one guitar from the other, or the bass, or the drums, the vocals suck. You've probably only listened to it once and keep it in your collection only to fap over it's rarity and how it was on a cassette that no one probably owns anymore. How often could you humanly listen to that awful shit? There's a reason why it was never re-recorded!

Can't agree anymore. I feel the same when people always reference D'espairsRay's demo tapes as their "good days." It can be a jumbled mess of crap and screaming, as long as it is "heavy" and "dark" amirite?

Can't agree anymore. I feel the same when people always reference D'espairsRay's demo tapes as their "good days." It can be a jumbled mess of crap and screaming, as long as it is "heavy" and "dark" amirite?
This and this.

This thread makes me laugh so hard XD These arguements are quite amusing :D

But I'd have to say that I can't stand:

AnCafe (crapt quality songs that are aimed to please little girls and circus clowns & Miku has an awful voice--he sounds like a sick duck)

D (Asagi's vibrattos, he is trying so hard to be a dramatic prostitute/whore)

My little piece of hate:

- Girugamesh has always sucked

- Kids here using the term " American metal ". oh lol

- Kids that only listen to Asian music. They just don't bother looking up anything else up, and don't even bother trying to deny the existance of these people.

- That D albums consist of two/three really solid tracks and then just pure filler.

- Deathgaze would have 0 fans if they would not be associated with visualanguranagoyawhateverthafuck. Is it really a coincidence that it's the only "metal" band that the V-kids listen to? I dare to think not.

- Versailles fans these days... God.

- The next MUCC album will most likely suck, i really hope not.

- There really is nothing that great about Mana. Malice Mizer is still fantastic though.

- Byou from SCREW is the worst singer on earth, closely followed by Ai from Deathgaze.

- Bands like SCREW and Sadie that are incapable of making identities of their own, but have some promise.

- The abuse of the term taste.

- I would have also included D'espairsray, but i just don't care anymore. The change happened over three years ago, get over it.

- Versailles fans these days... God.

- Byou from SCREW is the worst singer on earth, closely followed by Ai from Deathgaze.

I like Versailles but God, the concert in Mexico was filled with little an cafe poser girls.

And about Ai I agree, his voice irritates me a lot sometimes.

-Byou from SCREW is the worst singer on earth, CLOSELY FOLLOWED BY AI FROM DEATHGAZE.

TrekFacepalm.gif

I hate it when people fap over rare VK demo recordings like it's God recording his private suite of angels singing and recording.
This.

In the same vein, I hate VK indies fags. I don't know why they think they're so special for buying/hoarding/trading music with 10 listeners on last.fm and less in their homeland as if not a soul is worthy of hearing its magnificence and only the ~l33t~ or those willing to trade equally monstrously horrendous music have the pleasure of doing so. I hate that they genuinely believe their rare singles aren't an abomination and I hate even more the morons that get jealous because they haven't listened to visual-indies-band-number-763048603486208-who-are-in-it-for-the-pussy and request it as often as they can until they get it or give up and forget. Seriously, they have, like, five fans in Japan. Stop glorifying them. They're rare and unknown for a reason.

I hate the use of the term "American metal" in this thread, too.

Minor irritation: Even though I abhor the use of VK and its subgenres tags etc. on last.fm because they infect every Japanese band ever and mess up my artist recommendations, I hate that half of the bands tagged as nagoya kei on last.fm are just there because they're a little heavy.

Love: This thread. :DUUR:

I'm hating that people are generalizing Versailles fans as 15 year old screaming fan girls. I'm a 20 year old man and love them for their music, I like their visual a lot too but I'm not going to fap over it. Come on now.

It's a pretty general scene, but I digress.

I hate PIECElang and that Hikaru turned into a faggot, like I mentioned in the JRock Doctor thread.