Guest o hai itz will

Official Music Hate Thread

and there is alot of "heavy" visual bands out their who people love so much is just a rehash of crappy nu metal stirred up, shaken, and thrown back at you.

I agree.

There's a certain ladder of elitism in jrock/vk, which kinda goes like this:

Ontop are the Dir en grey fanboys. They go like this:

"We're so cool, we listen to japanese music, and the music is so heavy, and Kyo has so expressive lyrics, and we moved beyond vk, YAY! You all suck."

Then come the "heavy indies vk fans". Incidentally, they also look down on DeG fans, although half the bands they listen to are carbon-copies of them. They go like this:

"OMG, Diru are such sell-outs, they are so american now, they suck, we're cool because we listen to indies music, and the music is so heavy, and they look so cool, YAY! You all suck."

Then come the kote-kei fans (which I happen to like myself, but nevertheless....). They go like:

"OMG, all new vk sucks, only old vk is good, today everything sounds the same, but ten years ago they were SO original, we're cool because we listen to old music, we already listened to Diru when they were still visual, YAY! You all suck."

(In addition to that there's also the species of "angura fanboy", which is basically a mixture of all 3, except with make-up looking like raccoons, and music that basically thrives on sounding as shitty as possible.)

BUT, at least they all agree on something: bashing oshare. I guess everybody need something to look down upon. XD

Lol, I missed this post. A+ summary. I don't fit into any of those groups, but I've encountered all of them. Don't get why people think liking certain bands makes them more elite than everyone else. No one really cares what band you're the ultimate stan of, sry2say.

Guest o hai itz will

@herpes: oh look, it's you again lol

>implying I've read anything online or heard anything that speculated his sexual preferences.

Guest 膣分泌液
when someone legendary in Japanese music (hide somehow excluded), like Munetaka Higuchi or Kiyoshiro Imawano dies, they get shat upon or ignored completely. Why, I don't know.

Srsly this. I mean that for example. Are you for reals? MY CODE IS SHOWING.

Guest 膣分泌液
@herpes: oh look, it's you again lol

>implying I've read anything online or heard anything that speculated his sexual preferences.

The Truth: Hide was a sexual deviant, and decided to perform a little something called "sexual asphyxiation" on himself which is when you get off from a lack of oxygen. Fucked up huh? Well, just like David Carradine, he just kept hanging there and eventually died.

So in that case, I take it you were with Hide and helping him masturbate when he died then? That's the only excuse that leaves you not looking like a complete retard.

and there is alot of "heavy" visual bands out their who people love so much is just a rehash of crappy nu metal stirred up, shaken, and thrown back at you.

I agree.

There's a certain ladder of elitism in jrock/vk, which kinda goes like this:

Ontop are the Dir en grey fanboys. They go like this:

"We're so cool, we listen to japanese music, and the music is so heavy, and Kyo has so expressive lyrics, and we moved beyond vk, YAY! You all suck."

Then come the "heavy indies vk fans". Incidentally, they also look down on DeG fans, although half the bands they listen to are carbon-copies of them. They go like this:

"OMG, Diru are such sell-outs, they are so american now, they suck, we're cool because we listen to indies music, and the music is so heavy, and they look so cool, YAY! You all suck."

Then come the kote-kei fans (which I happen to like myself, but nevertheless....). They go like:

"OMG, all new vk sucks, only old vk is good, today everything sounds the same, but ten years ago they were SO original, we're cool because we listen to old music, we already listened to Diru when they were still visual, YAY! You all suck."

(In addition to that there's also the species of "angura fanboy", which is basically a mixture of all 3, except with make-up looking like raccoons, and music that basically thrives on sounding as shitty as possible.)

BUT, at least they all agree on something: bashing oshare. I guess everybody need something to look down upon. XD

Lol!! This is so true. You deserve a golden star. So many jrock fans have such elitist and shitty opinions. I have lots of jrock bands I hate but I don't really have the energy to go mock them unless they're a band I already like and then start releasing trash. Then I get kind of vocal ^^

btw angura fans are the best because the music is too deep for you people to understand so you just call it shit

btw angura fans are the best because the music is too deep for you people to understand so you just call it shit
lol

Guest 膣分泌液
It's true.

14ade7a.jpg

are you implying Hide was not a sexual deviant who enjoyed asphyxiation?
Until you can provide a factual source where such a thing is stated (not "I heard it from a friend" or some Japanese tabloid magazine), then by all means I will believe you.

once upon a time me n my bffs lyk ttly playt w/ an oujija bored n summont hide btu we didnt understand cuz he spoke japneze LOL

@Tokage: I agree, sometimes things CAN go too far.

And to respond to ShanethVarosa: Honestly, I was also sad when Jasmine You died (Versailles is a band I actually like) and it is okay to grieve and be upset, but even so I still get frustrated that in the Western Japanese fandom websites and such when a visual artist dies it is such a HUGE deal (even if they've never heard of the artist or listened to their music) and when someone legendary in Japanese music (hide somehow excluded), like Munetaka Higuchi or Kiyoshiro Imawano dies, they get shat upon or ignored completely. Why, I don't know.

Also, not really fond of when people think it is "helpful" to spread rumors about artist's deaths (case in point: the comments about hide and Jasmine You in this thread) to get kicks out of "omg, itz a rumor and conspiracy!!!". It is THAT kind of thing that gets to me.

I agree with this to a certain extent.

I think that everyone grieves in their own way, and if some people grieve in highly annoying ways like making hundreds of youtube videos and holding candlelight vigils.... I think it's just something we have to accept. We don't have to take part of it. Paying respects is totally acceptable..

Now, to go on how I disagree, perchance not with you but to other comments mentioned in this thread.

I also feel that if you are a big enough fan of someone, this grieving process WILL be annoying to others, but WILL help you and you need to do it. To differentiate the ones who are just fans of someone because they died and the fans who have been true blue fans all along is tiring and fruitless.

This is why I think people shouldn't be judged over how they grieve and who they grieve for. Millions of people attended services and memorials for Michael Jackson, a worldwide music figure, I only became a fan of him after he died. Whereas with JasmineYou... well I've been following him since Jakura. His death really shook me because he was a huge musical influence in my life. His personaliuty and costumes were also influential on me personally. That doesn't mean I'm some 12 year old girl who is just getting upset about some VK guy because he was a VK guy.

Those people are horrid.

And as far as the Hide comments are concerned.

It's sad he died, but it happened years ago, same with Kami from Malice Mizer. 10 years down the road I know I will have gotten over the passing of Jasmine 7 to 9 years ago (give or take, probably take.) It's time to move on and stop being sensitive about comments of his death. They don't mean anything anymore.

ALSO: LAWL @ Tokage's comment right before this.

Just my two cents on the whole Hide thing - What I dislike is people who just started getting into VK oh say last year and finding out about Hide's death and bawwwing about it. :-S

This also applies to Kami.

SE tracks.

Ah! Forgot all about those damn SE tracks. What I dislike is when a band is done releasing 30 something A, B, C, D type singles they'll announce an album. Which is just a re-release of the singles with three new songs and two of the new songs are SE tracks.

I hate Dir en grey for turning American Metal style. Really, I don't like it.

I hate SCREW for having such an awful vocalist. They should really kick him out.

I hate Kiryu for having such awful songs they make my ears bleed.

I dislike X Japan for feasting of Hide's success and trying to make a comeback. It's not happening.

I hate alot of bands for not releasing their stuff in Europe/America. Really, I would really like to buy the albums, and I have the money for it (even to order it from Japan), but I've the problem of "the parents." Asagi, I would buy ALL YOUR CD'S. Just freaking sign to CLJ or something.

I hate 12012 for making the worst album the world has ever known. MAR MAROON.

That's about it. Really needed to get out my frustrations.

once upon a time me n my bffs lyk ttly playt w/ an oujija bored n summont hide btu we didnt understand cuz he spoke japneze LOL
omgcat.gif

OMG a ViViD fangirl saying Kiryu is shit.

hahax.gif

What else could you possibly like them for?

Kyo's stunning good looks and immaculate English pronunciations?

Exactly what I was thinking.
Right on spot (:

I love Kiryu for having such wonderful songs that make my ears happy.

I hate this thread for being mostly useless Dir en Grey "discussion", but Champ's comment on the VK fan hierarchy was pretty epic.

Most mainstream Japanese music makes my heart bleed. Not all of it, but a very good amount of it does. I'm pro-indie like a muthafucker, but I've also heard tons of bullshit indie music too.

The difference is, most of this major label released music is so shamelessly vapid that it makes me feel like killing something!!! For major labels, there is rarely a happy medium between musical integrity and profitability - it's pretty much all about the money. It pains me to know that the mainstream music world (not just in Japan) is run by suits who know more about business than they do music. But hey, this is Earth and money is God.

I've witnessed too many times how major labels take good bands/artists and turn them into pure shit or degrade their sound considerably. A few recent examples being Mass of the Fermenting Dregs, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, School Food Punishment, and immi.

Also, there is such a lack of variety in the mainstream that it drives me crazy! PEOPLE WILL LISTEN TO WHATEVER THE FUCK IS PUT BEFORE THEM, so why are they scared to play more than the same 10 songs on the radio? Why do these music award shows praise the same few artists? Why aren't the major labels using their power to expose people to music of all kinds? WHY ARE THEY INSULTING US LIKE THIS!!!!!!???? Because the major labels are a bunch of pussies who could care less about music. Showing the world how diverse and wonderful music is would be too risky for them, so they'll continue to shove the same ol' shit down our throats as long as it sells. And before the masses can regurgitate the shit they've been force-fed, the powers that be will move on and stuff a new dick down their throats. I REFUSE to gag on the cock of the corrupt music industry.

I've managed to make myself angry it seems >_>

I hate Dir en grey for turning American Metal style. Really, I don't like it.

I hate SCREW for having such an awful vocalist. They should really kick him out.

I dislike X Japan for feasting of Hide's success and trying to make a comeback. It's not happening.

I hate alot of bands for not releasing their stuff in Europe/America. Really, I would really like to buy the albums, and I have the money for it (even to order it from Japan), but I've the problem of "the parents." Asagi, I would buy ALL YOUR CD'S. Just freaking sign to CLJ or something.

I hate 12012 for making the worst album the world has ever known. MAR MAROON.

That's about it. Really needed to get out my frustrations.

What is "American metal"? That, to me at least, seems like another retarded label like "j-rock" that does little to describe the type of music being played. Because if you actually listened to metal music put out by American bands, you would soon realize that THEY OBVIOUSLY DO NOT ALL PLAY THE SAME TYPE OF MUSIC. Just go on freaking wikipedia and type metal and look for the page that lists all of metal's sub-genres. You see those labels ACTUALLY DESCRIBE THE MUSIC. I'm sick and tired of this type of petty ignorance.

Also, how old are you? Do you honestly believe that a band can get signed to any label whenever they want to? In order for Japanese bands to sign contracts with global distributors in order to distribute their music internationally, the company or label has to see that a sizable amount of profits can be made. And while bands often have large fanbases outside of their native country, many times they are not substantial enough to prove for their product to be commercially viable. And even then, most fans won't buy the product. Bands go years without ever getting signed and you honestly think it is easy to get signed? Do some research before you make an ass out of yourself.

Also, music is subjective and constantly using superlatives to define how "bad" an album is not only stupid because everyone has a different opinion and therefore your one opinion cannot be heralded as fact, but also because using the phrase "worst album the world has ever known" implys that you have listened to every album that has ever been conceived in the history of this Earth. Learn to not make an ass out of yourself on the internet.

Gawd.

^ YES! I've always been curious as to what people meant by Diru "becoming American" . . . like only American metal bands sound like that? :/ And for that matter, since when was Diru specifically ever "Japanese style" in their sound?

Death is not reasonable. In the case of Jasmine, he choose that, the jobs, the fatigue, he had the discography or company control and press, but, in the end it was his fault.

so if you ill and have 2 choices :

1 stay in bed and don't do anything because you might die , live a quiet life

2 or live your life exactly how you want , live your dream and don't care if you die

(i admire daisuke so much)

also what you said was so annoying because

i think people that are ill and can't live their lives the way they want feel great pain

edit: i hate gazette

i used to like them but now they seem so boring meh

Guest o hai itz will

@Cat5: The major labels and japanese mainstream, are just as rotten and foul as the "indies" bands. "indie" in Japan is just a label that gets tossed around, but behind it all is far from independent.

Guest o hai itz will

And people who say "American Metal" have clearly never heard metal. Dir en grey has only been thrown in the "American Metal!" stereotype because they pursued a heavier sound once they started to make it big in the US. BUT: what many people tend to overlook is this:

Dir en grey's MAIN INFLUENCES come from Europe. The bands they have been idolizing recently, are all from Europe. If screaming = American Metal, then I guess we can just classify Opeth, Arch Enemy, Bring Me The Horizon, Architects, and soo many others as "American Metal" RIGHT?

no.