Guest o hai itz will

Official Music Hate Thread

Guest o hai itz will
not mad. nowhere near it. I am actually a very calm person that just speaks my mind, and those words, tend to be very strong for the sake of impact.
Which is exactly what I was doing. And apparently, they didn't fail to make an impact. :D
Oh I'm sure you were!

LOL

I appear to be a prick when I post, but you're different. You act like a spoiled brat. So don't even try to pull up a shade of false indifference and compare your posts to mine, it'll get you nowhere. I refuse to comment further.

Guest o hai itz will
Braced for lulz.
Don't expect much to happen. That is unless...

Guest o hai itz will

It doesn't work that way. Sorry hun.

Guest o hai itz will

This sums it up:

godzilla4.gif

Sadly I guess I come from the Dir en grey elitist fanbase, but I guess that pride comes from the success they've reached thus far in conjunction with every other Japanese band. Most DEG fans love the band soo much only because Kyo-san kawaii desu, and they have reached such relative acclaim that a Japanese band has never seen. It is near IMPOSSIBLE to find a Dir en grey fan that loves the music, for the MUSIC. It's always another factor which is utter bullshit.

I only like the music, so it does bother me (I get very butthurt) when people look down on the DEG fanbase as a whole. That's just fucked up ignorance.

See, that's what I hear from EVERY Diru fan. Each individual fan always claims they are one of the "minority" that likes them for the music. That's why they are sometimes seen as "elitists" because they think they are the only fandom on the planet who is serious about their band's music (because they are supposedly the only Japanese band on the planet with good music), and all the other Japanese music fans are either "fangirls" or "weeaboos." :unsure:

Plus, I think your statement about it being difficult to find fans of Diru's music and then defending the same fanbase from being looked down upon is contradictory.

But Diru fandom aside:

It is annoying sometimes when fans harp on bands looks, but what can you do? If a band spends thousands of dollars on outfits and makeup and production for photobooklets as most visual bands do, I don't think they want you to just ignore how they look. I'm sure Kiyoharu wouldn't do all those nude photoshoots if he expected a fanbase "only in it for the music."

Guest o hai itz will

I don't wait in line for hours to see them, nor do I wait outside of their tour bus, nor do I write Dir en grey fanfiction, nor do I fantasize about the band, nor do I even think about the band on a daily basis unless I am on the topic of music.

Does every other Dir en grey fan say this?

and:

"Plus, I think your statement about it being difficult to find fans of Diru's music and then defending the same fanbase from being looked down upon is contradictory"

Your point here is very vague and does not connect in anyway. Please clarify, I would really like to see this more in depth.

It is near IMPOSSIBLE to find a Dir en grey fan that loves the music, for the MUSIC.

Hi.

and shimbo-dono, I fucking love you for that.

@ o hai itz will: Now, what's so wrong with all those things anyway? Do you think that makes you a so much better fan or something because you don't do all those things?

Guest o hai itz will

I will clarify, for the sake of simplifying.

Claiming "it is hard to find DEG fans who only appreciate the music" and then defend a small portion of the fanbase, is in no way contradictory. There is no WAY you can draw that conclusion. You can't even logically argue that in no way. Hell, there is no point to be made! lol. And notice: I refrain from absolutes as much as I can, it tends to weigh down an argument heavily.

But now things are just getting personal now. I refuse to get into a back and forth yelling match at this point.

Guest o hai itz will
@ o hai itz will: Now, what's so wrong with all those things anyway? Do you think that makes you a so much better fan or something because you don't do all those things?
are you being serious here...? Do you not see a problem with following the band and camping outside of their tour bus to talk to them / get autographs / scream obnoxiously? Wow...

I'm done.

Well, I must have misunderstood what you meant and I apologize for that. I thought it seemed like you were trying to say that people shouldn't make sweeping claims about the fandom, yet in the very first paragraph you basically did just that (by implying hardly any of them like them for the music). But I see now what you meant, so I'm sorry I made you upset.

And I don't think there is anything necessarily wrong with doing those things. Especially since this is Dir en grey we're talking about anyway, what did you expect? Fans acting like patient, reserved little angels?

Funny how it seems that the only reason the OP created this post was to fight back at anyone who says shit about Dir en grey. Even funnier is how he's already be doing this for quite a while.

Keep it classy.

People are not emotionless creatures. Music brings out emotion in people. If they ever feel the urge to scream for a certain artist/band or ask for their autographs to have a reminder of a good time in their life (a concert, for example), that's completely okay. This exchange of feelings (or do you think band members don't think it's cool to have people screaming at them AND appreaciting their work while doing so?) is one the coolest things about music and being able to ever see them live.

I truly believe music allows people to be (reasonably, of course) extreme sometimes. I also believe that it's completely right to burst out any kind of feeling you have while listening to something that you like or that moves you in some way. If you think the only purpose of music is to appreaciate it like a fucking cold machine - which you seem to do considering your last posts-, then I honestly couldn't feel sorry enough.

Now please excuse me.

1z1z9t4.gif

It is near IMPOSSIBLE to find a Dir en grey fan that loves the music, for the MUSIC.

thats how i was i didnt like the look of DeG at all i just liked the music but now ive lost all interest in them

Alright I wasn't going to add any opinions to this thread because I think this variety of thing is in complete bad taste. (However, the JRock Doctor one is even worse, in my honest opinion.) BUT, I digress. I only read the first page, but I actually got some serious lulz out of it. Even the ones who bashed some of my favorites (D, Versailles, D'espa, etc.)

I gotta say.

I literally hate just about every single new VK band, and by new I mean... started activities in 2008 and on. With the exceptions of... ClearVeil and DELUHI...

I personally think all these new VK Indies bands sound and look exactly the same and have no origialtiy in anything other than their names... which probably have absolutely no meaning other than "LOOK AT US NAMING OUR BAND SOMETHING WEIRD FOR ATTENTION."

There aren't any specific bands that have been around for a few years that I specifically hate everything they do... but here's some things about some bands I hate:

Antic Cafe = Just about the obvious stuff. Let's say... their work from Magnya Carta and on has been pretty solid and not so disgustingly cute and terrible. But everything before that.... I literally never need to hear it again.

Girugamesh = It's hard to say that I like their music, because for the most part I find it to be monotonous and repetitive, but I think that there are a few songs that are really unique and fun to listen to. But a grand majority of their music I find to be dark-for-the-sake-of-being-dark like their early stuff or annoying-for-the-sake-of-being-annoying like their recent work. I can't get into their ballads at all... Crying Rain to me had absolutely no emotional drive behind it.

Vidoll = Focus and Merry X'Mas 2 U are literally the only songs that I can listen to over and over and not get bored. They have other songs with really good instrumental melodies and catchy vocal patterns... but they bore me after listening to them too often, or half way through the song (Here's looking at you "Blue Star")

12012 = Along the same lines of Vidoll. Very few songs I can listen to on repeat (Mayakashi and The Pain of Catastrophe are the ones I have in mind ATM.) However, that's not to say there aren't others that I find really good and can listen to a bunch of times. The negative point I will now bring across is: Everything... and I mean everything... before Play Dolls. WHAT a load of horse shit that all was. There was really very little imagination put into there work and if you looked up "Dark for the sake of being dark." on urbandictionary.com they would automatically direct you to websites to download that music. I cannot say I enjoy one song from that era. It was all pointless nonsense. I cannot say enough bad things about it.

Dir en grey, D'espairsRay, Versailles = The only negative things I can say about these bands is their annoying fucking 15 year old fangirl/boy fans. I love their music and everything Versailles has done, 90% of what D'espairsRay has done and 80% of what Dir en grey has done.

Satsuki = Give the fuck up on your solo project and get ReS back together immediately.

X Japan = Stop. Altogether or do something new. No more compilations. No more remastered albums. New. Material.

That's all for now.

Satsuki = Give the fuck up on your solo project and get ReS back together immediately.

X Japan = Stop. Altogether or do something new. No more compilations. No more remastered albums. New. Material.

LOLOLOL A-fucking-men. I don't even like X Japan but all of their bullshit is fucking irritating as hell.

Me and Shaneth had a nice little talk about that yesterday too. Neither one of us know what the hype's all about, that's for sure.

I just can't wait for X Japan to be ridiculed at Lollapalooza. Maybe then Yoshiki's head will come the fuck out of his ass.
I bet they won't even play. At the last minute he'll cancel the entire performance and then a few days later write an emo poem on his blog saying how sorry he is, lol.

vajra is a dir ripoff. but we all are aware.

I just can't wait for X Japan to be ridiculed at Lollapalooza. Maybe then Yoshiki's head will come the fuck out of his ass.

ha ha yes.