Guest o hai itz will

Official Music Hate Thread

Guest o hai itz will

Here we talk about bands that we absolutely can't stand, and why.

ATTENTION: THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR BUTTHURT WEEABOOS. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS. AND IF YOU ARE BUTTHURT AT ANYTIME, I WILL LAUGH.

I will start things off

I hate X Japan solely because they're a band that has received soo much adoration from people because of Hide's love for sexual asphyxiation. They sounded like every other metal band in the 80's, and had nothing to offer. Now, they're back and trying to get successful in the states. And why are they doing this? Well according to Yoshiki:

"Hide would have wanted this"

lol. gtfo.

thats the main reason why i hate that band and imo i hate toshi's vocals.

their fans claimed that x-japan is the best band in japan and they know only x-japan

why is it always x-japan?

Guest o hai itz will

Idk. I think it usually has to do with the fact they love Hide soo much or something. It's always Hide. Every X fan loves Hide, and that tends to be it. It gets quite tiring.

I will admit they helped push metal into the mainstream in Japan (making it "ok" to be metal), but they did not START the VK scene (that was by color and really pushed by D'erlanger), and furthermore, did nothing to help VK get into the mainstream status. It's all bullshit.

I hate Nightmare, just because. I don't even know why I hate them, but I just do.

[off] Not trying to start anything, but I must say that as I think that X Japan is ok band, but I hate hide. I don't likedhis imago, style and so on. He is as a person something what I haven't never liked. This may sound stupid to Taiji-fans, but I've always liked Heath istead of... everyone. He's only one whos solo I've listened (Okay, I had hide's solo albums at computer, but it was years ago.) and he's the one who I admire. But go on. \o/ [/off]

And the band which I haven't never liked: An Cafe. I haven't never liked this kind of music, and I think that it doesn't change in the future, too. Actually, An Cafe is not my first j-rock band, which is really rare now. (I think?) But yeah, I don't like them, sorry.

I highly disapprove of this thread, I hate no band. However I do dislike the boring nature Girugamesh is heading in, and I hate when Dir en grey try to be too american.

Apart from that, thumbs down for thread XD

And the band which I haven't never liked: An Cafe. I haven't never liked this kind of music, and I think that it doesn't change in the future, too. Actually, An Cafe is not my first j-rock band, which is really rare now. (I think?) But yeah, I don't like them, sorry.

actually i heard an cafe a few years back of searching in bands and like your comment says i also hated their music

i also hate nightmare's vocals but the music is good

i hate miyavi's vocals but he is great in guitar.

probably my "i hate vocals or music or both" affects my taste of choosing my favorites. and also i am easily bored with some repetitive style of bands.

and I hate when Dir en grey try to be too american.

^ THAT!

They should be more confident if they like/wish to take over the world.

Oshare Kei.

"haaaaiiii kawaaiiiii deessuuuu neeee ?! *duck voice*" ... "ok, so are you making music ?" ... "kawaiiiiii" ... "ok" .

Oshare Kei.

"haaaaiiii kawaaiiiii deessuuuu neeee ?! *duck voice*" ... "ok, so are you making music ?" ... "kawaiiiiii" ... "ok" .

THIS!

But not all Oshare kei bands are talentless people just trying to be cute... such as Aicle, they are actually quite talented if you ask me.

I don't really hate the band, but I really hate how Dir en grey pretend they are so above and far away from being assoicated with the visual kei scene. Hm, perhaps if you'd ditch Dynamite Tommy a.k.a. The King of Visual Kei and get your faces off of Free-Will's a.k.a. The King of Visual Kei Record Labels front page, maybe then people will start to take your adamant claims a little more seriously.

I hate D and any other visual band whose vocalist tries to be oh-so operatic and makes an exaggerated vibratto. 90% of the time it doesn't sound "beautiful" or even tolerable, it just sucks really bad. And I also hate how it is becoming a signature quality of a majority of new visual kei bands. My eyes couldn't roll any harder.

I hate Mana and all of his projects. The guy is a dress-maker, not a musician. He may attempt to look like a musician at times, but that is not at all where his talent lies. None of the Malice Mizer eras were really any good, save a few songs, and Moi dix Mois is horrible beyond belief.

And basically any tiny Japanese garage rock band from the West Coast that ever played at an anime convention. The most lame and boring stuff on the planet.

I will admit they helped push metal into the mainstream in Japan (making it "ok" to be metal), but they did not START the VK scene (that was by color and really pushed by D'erlanger), and furthermore, did nothing to help VK get into the mainstream status. It's all bullshit.

Color and X Japan existed around the exact same time periods (X even a little before Color) and basically worked together. So it is hard to say either of them "started" it first. They were both simply key factors in building it into an "empire" of sorts with both their labels and influencing many future bands. There is no question X Japan helped put VK out on the map and gave it a name, although the movement has origins that go further back.

But I have to kinda question about "putting metal into mainstream" in Japan considering there were several metal bands gaining much success in the years before X really even got all that famous.

But not all Oshare kei bands are talentless people just trying to be cute... such as Aicle, they are actually quite talented if you ask me.
Truth. A lot of people are put off by Emiru's vocal style (understandably. It is pretty weird at first) and end up missing out on some really unique and crazy music. Rubi plays some insane riffs!

I hate D and any other visual band whose vocalist tries to be oh-so operatic and makes an exaggerated vibratto. 90% of the time it doesn't sound "beautiful" or even tolerable, it just sucks really bad. And I also hate how it is becoming a signature quality of a majority of new visual kei bands. My eyes couldn't roll any harder.
I agreed with all of your post, but especially these points and had to second them. I'm not a hateful person generally, as I think it requires far too much negative energy and find it more appropriate to simply ignore anything I don't like, but D are a big exception. In addition, I dislike every member of the band bar Hide-zou. I feel that the band is overrated.

I hate Versailles too. I hate Kamijo and his pseudo-aristocratic act, but I also have issues with a girl who was obsessed with him, so that could be perpetuating my anti-Kamijoness. Teru is a mediocre guitarist. I don't know anything about their drummer and I doubt many Versailles fans give a shit about him either. And I thought Jasmine was a shitty bassist long before he died but commenting on the dead's musical prowess is considered trolling or in bad taste.

Let's see... There's ALSDEAD, and the fans that believe they're any different than the slews of Western metalcore bands who compose poorly. What irritated me more, though, was seeing a diehard ALSDEAD fan commenting on Japanese metalcore bands that weren't visual and Western bands claiming they were ~emo~ and ~gay~ and disgusting.

Sadie. Shittastic band incapable of originality, with an egocentric guitarist and a moronic vocalist.

I don't take osare kei seriously enough to hate it, but I wouldn't be caught dead listening to it.

DELUHI's fanbase.

I don't hate it when Hizumi sings in English, but I wish he would stick to his mother tongue because his pronunciation is terrible and his lyrics aren't as... poetic when he throws in random English phrases. And Zero... no hate whatsoever, but if he wasn't in the band, the music wouldn't sound much different on CD. Zero lures in clueless, sex-starved fangirls who want to follow his blogs and perv over the pictures of his thighs and face. He's the friendliest (next to Hizumi) and most fan interactive, but he doesn't compose or write anything, and prominent bass on D'espairsRay's album is virtually non existant, so if he didn't show up to record a track, no one would notice on CD. He's better live, though.

And, finally, -OZ-. I don't hate them because I used to listen frequently and was fond of the band members, but Natsuki requires singing lessons. When he's not screaming or growling, he ruins a song. A lot of their songs are identical too.

I hate when Dir en grey try to be too american.

I also hate MYV, no you're not a samurai get the fuck over it, plus you suck balls. Most Oshare kei bands with some exceptions here and there. Also I hate 9Goats black out, don't you understand your music is fucking boring? I don't care if it's experimental or whatever it's boring. I'm so happy they are on activity pause. Let's see I also hate Vidoll they are utter shit same with 12012, Alice Nine, Synside, Arc, vistlip, XOVER (yay they disbanded). But the band I actually hate the most is ViViD, seriously you kids have no talent a all. Even a dying cat with a tumor on his throat and on fire can sing better than that fuck called Shin, Shit w.e your name is. And the rest of the guys have no talent at all. Go and serve as hosts on a Shibuya club or something because YOU ARE NOT MUSICIANS. THE KIDDIE suck too. I also hate all D'espairs ray hardcore fans.

Also I hate European wannabe visual kei, in fact I don't hate it I despise it.

Done.

Sadie. Shittastic band incapable of originality, with an egocentric guitarist and a moronic vocalist.
I don't really hate Sadie; in fact, I kinda loved their MASTER OF ROMANCE album, but I'm going to have to agree with this a little.

And talking about fanbases, I really can't stand any Oshare Kei band's fanbase. No matter how "good" the band is and/or how talented the musicians are, their fans are one of the most sexually frustrated people on earth, along with GACKT's fans.

^ Don't forget Kiyoharu! 8DD

But yeah, Miyavi is also someone who I don't like. Actually, only one thing what I like about him, is his tattoos!

One of the reasons why I don't like someone, is because their imago in media. So usually I select someone who's worth of liking --- which is really stupid thing about me, I admit.

^ Good call about Kiyoharu. And I can't believe I forgot to mention Atsushi Sakurai's "fans".

I hate Versailles too. I hate Kamijo and his pseudo-aristocratic act, but I also have issues with a girl who was obsessed with him, so that could be perpetuating my anti-Kamijoness. Teru is a mediocre guitarist. I don't know anything about their drummer and I doubt many Versailles fans give a shit about him either. And I thought Jasmine was a shitty bassist long before he died but commenting on the dead's musical prowess is considered trolling or in bad taste. . . .

I don't hate 'em, they're actually a favorite of mine, but I have to agree they aren't the best ever and I hate when people see them as the ultimate metal band or something. I like Teru alright, he's a nice guy at least, but Hizaki has that typical "Look at me I'm so cool because I can do Yngwie Malmsteen deedle-deedle for 40 + minutes" air about him that many Japanese power metal guitarists have. *cough*Syu*cough* I personally think he ruins the band more than any of the members. They'll have a decent song going on until Hizaki starts his boring 1000 hour long solos. . .

And have to concur with your comment on Hizumi and Zero. SRSLLLYYY! :-/

@Jonjon: Yeah, MYV gets on my nerves sometimes. Sometimes he can be funny, sometimes he's just irritating. And I really get bothered when people treat him like Mother Teresa and that he's so kind and selfless when he is so obviously arrogant.

But. . .I still think Kiyoharu is hot.

I'm just going to quote the parts that stood out to me and then change them up as necessary to fit what I'm trying to say the best

I hate D and any other visual band whose vocalist tries to be oh-so operatic and makes an exaggerated vibrato. 90% of the time it doesn't sound "beautiful" or even tolerable, it just sucks really bad. And I also hate how it is becoming a signature quality of a majority of new visual kei bands. My eyes couldn't roll any harder.

I tried 7th Rose album because I wanted to try and get into some more bands. It really didn't stick with me and I'm guessing that the "vibrato" is a prominent reason why. Asagi can't even growl properly and the only tracks I listened to were two, three and ten. The rest was...forgettable.

I can't comment on the last sentence though because I'm not getting into new VK bands like that anymore.

I hate Versailles too. I hate Kamijo and his pseudo-aristocratic act, but I also have issues with a girl who was obsessed with him, so that could be perpetuating my anti-Kamijoness. Teru is a mediocre guitarist. I don't know anything about their drummer and I doubt many Versailles fans give a shit about him either. And I thought Jasmine was a shitty bassist long before he died but commenting on the dead's musical prowess is considered trolling or in bad taste.

I think your hate for that girl obsessed with him probably affects your judgment some. After listening to JUBILEE, I can hear the "forcedness" behind the voice in Lyrical Sympathy and NOBLE but on Jubilee his voice has definitely seen an improvement. That's really all I care about.

As for guitarists the skill level isn't as important to me as the song structure. You can hit two or three notes and make beautiful music and you can slam a million notes and not impress me. Try NITRO'S Freight Train music video to see what I mean. Can Batio slam a million notes on his guitar during the solo? Hell yeah. Does it sound good? No.

And I always thought Yuki's drumming was badass. Then again I'm the only fan of his that I know (most drummers in the VK scene are vastly underrated).

Let's see... There's ALSDEAD, and the fans that believe they're any different than the slews of Western metalcore bands who compose poorly. What irritated me more, though, was seeing a diehard ALSDEAD fan commenting on Japanese metalcore bands that weren't visual and Western bands claiming they were ~emo~ and ~gay~ and disgusting.

I hate fans like that tbh. I'd have digitally shanked him if I read that. ALSDEAD isn't the greatest thing to hit the VK scene. Fact. However, they've got quite a few tracks that keep them slightly above all the poorly composed metalcore acts out there (mainly F-99 and VOR). Still though, they're thoroughly average and their last album was just a mess. Part of being a real fan is being truthful with yourself on how much the bands you like suck.

Can't remark on the guitarist but I must agree with the whole statement (even if I like them...somewhat). MASTER OF ROMANCE & UNDEAD 13+2 was good but that's mainly because the places they get their inspiration from are good. Lately though, Mao has been making BAD choices with his vocals. Sorta why the entire Kagerou/Dress single bombed.

DELUHI's fanbase.
I don't hate it when Hizumi sings in English, but I wish he would stick to his mother tongue because his pronunciation is terrible and his lyrics aren't as... poetic when he throws in random English phrases. And Zero... no hate whatsoever, but if he wasn't in the band, the music wouldn't sound much different on CD. Zero lures in clueless, sex-starved fangirls who want to follow his blogs and perv over the pictures of his thighs and face. He's the friendliest (next to Hizumi) and most fan interactive, but he doesn't compose or write anything, and prominent bass on D'espairsRay's album is virtually non existant, so if he didn't show up to record a track, no one would notice on CD. He's better live, though.

And, finally, -OZ-. I don't hate them because I used to listen frequently and was fond of the band members, but Natsuki requires singing lessons. When he's not screaming or growling, he ruins a song. A lot of their songs are identical too.

All of that is 100% truth. Don't care how much you like them.

I've grown out of MYV since I've discovered bands I enjoy more. His voice is still pretty bad and a lot of his compositions are bad. Does he have a few good songs? Sure he does, but those good songs just amount to an "average" at the end of the day. Not to mention the amount of compilation albums he's been releasing since 2007 are insane. If your last album bombed in sales, don't release a compilation album that's basically the same fucking thing damnit.

Some beef with X JAPAN. They're not special. They have their place in history but Yoshiki is hell bent on destroying that with this half-assed "revival" that's been more successful reminding people how dead hide is than how good the band is. Or was. X is not legendary. X will never be legendary. Let it die.

@golffy_aoi: Ever heard of a thing called opinion?

And LOL @ miyavi being Mother Teresa xD