Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

Lycaon - Uso to onna to [ ]

Thoughts?

EDIT: not bad, it kinda grew on me after awhile

Sads-ish vibe is quite fitting...for them tbqh, digging songs like that-long-ass-title and moselle no pistol...and Jesus grew on me (lol @ it being in 3 different releases, Kiwamu take a hint!)

8/10

Keep it clean guys then, if you want to give some negative reviews on this album

I already know that I'm going to have some choice words for this album so...here we go.

1. "" - On an album of eight songs, three of which have already been released, having an intro is unforgivable. It's not even a good one to boot! 0/10.

2. Aventure - I still feel the same way about this song as when it was released on the single. This song would actually be average if they got rid of the freaking horns, although they sound toned down than from when they were on the single. 4/10.

3. モーゼルのピストル - Very generic song but generic =/= bad in this case. In comparison to what they've released reincarnated, it's not the worst thing they've released (and there are no horns! automatic +1). This song can be much better and it still doesn't reach the level of good of their earlier songs. Also, it feels like a leftover from the Jouyoku no Acme mini. 6/10.

4. EROS - I waited until the chorus for some reason to see if anything changed. There seems to be louder whispers in the back (more annoying tbqh). +1 because the balance on all the instruments are better, -1 because it's on the album and it shouldn't be considering how old it is. Other than that everyone should know how I feel about this song so I'm not elaborating again. 3/10.

5. 密室における強圧的誘惑はモルヒネの中にある3.129ミリグラムの憂鬱. Long ass title that also feels like another leftover. There's a fair amount of 80's influence in this song, so props to Satoshi for that. The overall feel in this track is way too similar to #3 (but slowed down) for my tastes and on an album of 7.5 songs that's not a good sign. I like both about equally. 6/10.

6. Jesus - AGAIN!? WHY IS THIS HERE? I don't even care about all the little frills they've added on - this is the THIRD STRAIGHT RELEASE this song is on (and there aren't any noticeable differences either). I don't even care if this is so far the best song on the album, or that it's not a skabomination/SADS-y song, or that this is one of the few post-Eve era songs that Yuuki doesn't squeal like a chipmunk for minutes on end. This song shouldn't be here. Not even rating this.

7. MASK - I'm averse to songs named MASK after that tragedy of a song named MASK on Diru's GAUZE. This song isn't half as messy as the aforementioned song but it features group vocals (ew) and some nice bass by Hiyuu (yay (I should also say that this man can play a mean bass - he's done good work on some of the previous tracks but said tracks just aren't good)). Yuuki's vocals also annoy me on this. 5/10.

8. Number Eight. - Herpderp this song comes eighth so it's called Number Eight.. What a clever name. Too much of the vocals in the background distracts my attention and Yuuki did the pig squeals better on Ambrozia. The sudden switch in the middle of the track also does NOT fit, even if it switches into something listenable before Yuuki fucks it up. 4/10.

Too short, too many old tracks, new tracks aren't up to par. It's obvious that this is a cash ploy and that they just did not have enough new material for an album (especially considering the live limited version adds on rerecordings of old tracks to appeal to more fans). They barely had enough material for a new single. The remastering and rerecording on some songs improves them but there wasn't much good there worth the remastering. They HONESTLY should have waited to release Jouyoku no Acme and have released track 3 and 5 on that and made THAT an album. That would have turned out somewhat OK. This is just pure shit.

I am interested in that re-recording disc though. They've got some good tunes on that but nothing I'm dying to hear.

And just so you all know, I was nice on this review.

I am currently awaiting delivery of my new headphones bought ESPECIALLY for this album.

They should arrive sometime today.

I'm rather excited to hear it and can't wait. I will review once I listen to the album in its entirety.

I think it's really funny that on their website, the album is called an "EROTIC ALBUM" (as opposed to a mini-album or full-album, that is).

Anyway, I don't know why I try anymore, but I'll probably give the tracks a youtube listen at some point.

sooo my feedback ~

1. its just a intro... but not a really good one ~

2. The song is pretty okay if you like the jazzy thingy... was pretty okay for me 5/10

3. Aha... hmmmm yeahh... not that bad... but doesn't sound that fresh and new for mee... spaghetti.... 5/10

4. I never liked EROS... but this time its a liiiiiil bit better... still just a 3.5/10 from me ~

5.That song is nice, its not so fast and hectic... its easy to follow and there are some good riffs ~ all in all 6/10... best song yet

6.I am not gonna rate jesus too ...

7.Good riffs...good bass...but my ears and yuukis voice can't get friends on this album... pretty same opinion like zesshoku...not even finish this song now 4/10

8. Boring song for me... not special and just forgetable ~ I just like the part without his voice... its lil bit bad ass... but thats it 4/10

I don't know why I write my first longer review on that album....

All in all I didn't expect anything after their last singles...

I will maybe listen one or two songs from this album... ( I don't have the adventure single xD)....sooo...

I am happy that I didn't bought the album... I gladly saved money ~

its a 4/10 Album ~ not even close to their Royal Order Masterpiece ~

Was looking forward to this release, not disappointed.

- 『   』: cheap intro, could've been a bit more grandiose but it sets the mood.

- Aventure: loved this song before, lovin' it still.

- Mauser no Pistol: Kinda average/mediocre, nothing special.

- EROS: still one of my faves from them.

- Misshitsu ni okeru long-ass title: was hoping for a slow/sleazy song like this. Nice one.

- Jesus: never thought that this was anything amazing but really grew on me over time.

- MASK: fun song, good to listen to. Sounds like party material.

- Number Eight.: lol, is this Nightmare by SADS that I hear at the beginning (also another of their song in the "breakdown" part)? xDDD Also a fun/energetic song, closes the album on a nice note.

Liking the glam/sleaze/SADS influence. I still think they're an entertaining band; nowadays even more enjoyable for me than their old era - which was also awesome but of course different. I would've liked a new song or two more but overall I really enjoyed this "erotic album" (lol). I'd give it an 8/10, nice job.

i expected something horrendous, so i was somewhat surpirised this album wasnt as bad as i thought it to be. like everyone said before really remindes me of Sads at some point (Sads is however 100 times better hahaXD)

Mauser no Pistol was the okay imo

Jesus really starts to grow on me, i really like the part when he says: Oh Jesus (at the end) really like it for some reason

Mask: fun song

Number Eight. also kinda liked it

so a 6/10 for me, not a great piece of work, liked 情欲のアクメ better and Royal Order is still my fav release (aswell as their older stuff before that with the growls and stuff) but hey its better then i expected, after hearing Aventure at first i thought all hope was lost, so lets hope they pick it up from here and make good music again=p

I totally go for "too short" "wtf Jesus AGAIN??" and "who needs the F**king intro with 8 songs"

but I love it no matter what!

The last mini album didn't really got me and Eros was only meh, but Aventure blew me off (love love love <3) I was still excited about this I love them, (satoshi still own's me haha)

and I really like this (mini) album!

Mauser no pistol <3<3<3 (10/10 lol)

BUT: wtf is this PV for Pierrot? ruined the song, seriously ridiculous....

7/10

0/10

Absolute garbage, didn't like one track....they keep getting worse.

Can't believe a band that started out so great has fallen so far.

Just wasted over an half hour of my life listening to this. It was just no. The only track I liked was Aventure, the rest was either boring or utterly horrible. 4/10

I'm reviewing as I listen for the first time. Hopefully this isn't as bad as I'm expecting it to be.

Intro

Meh, I don't count these sorts of intro's as a track. intro/10

Aventure

I actually like this song somewhat. Glad they toned down the annoying horns. Over-all, I enjoy it a bit but I really understand why people dislike it, Yuuki's voice can get a VERY annoying and those horns are just... Ugh.

4/10

Mauser no Pistol

I was expecting another pseudo-jazz song here but I was pleasantly surprised. I quite like this song. Yuuki doesn't do any of those annoying squeals he did in Aventure which is always a plus really. I have to agree with Zesshoku about this though, it feels a bit like a Jouyoku leftover, oh well.

7/10

EROS

I feel the same way about this song as I did with the single version. It would be okay if it wasn't Lycaon. I don't really hear much difference between this an the single version. They could of at least re-recorded it...

5/10

Misshitsu ni okeru kyouatsuteki yuuwaku wa morphine no naka ni aru 3.129mg no yuuutsu

It's okay... A bit too slow for me really, I don't mind these alt rock/hard rock songs if they're a bit more up-beat/faster like track 3. Once again, I was expecting more horns and crap.

6/10

Jesus

Again? Seriously Lycaon? Did you not even re-record or remaster this at all? This song might be the 4th best song you've released since Mio and Eve left but stop. I've had enough of this song, it really doesn't need to be on here. I've heard this song too much and including it here is just... bleh. As they call this an "album" I hope this is the last time we see this.

3/10 for being on here. 7/10 for the song itself.

EDIT: Actually after comparing this to the version on Jouyoku, I've noticed this version is a lot less bassy. Doesn't change my review or score at all though.

MASK

Meh. Another alt rock/hard rock song. I like this better than Mauser and pretty much everything off Jouyoku (minus Time Enough for Love). Not amazing or anything though, but I like it.

8/10

Number Eight.

Woah. This song is surprisingly good. Definitely the highlight for the album for me. None of those annoying high pitched squeals from EROS/Aventure, no horns, no moaning. Yes! Love it. Definitely my favourite from this album.

9/10

You can really hear Satoshi's 80's influence in the alt rock/hard rock songs here. They don't do them amazingly well but I enjoy listening to them.

I don't understand why they called it an "erotic" album after calling EROS and Aventure erotic, I was expecting it to be full of pseudo-jazz/ska crap but I was pleasantly surprised. Lycaon have somewhat redeemed themselves for me. I wouldn't mind if they kept up the alt rock/hard rock stuff. They've definitely made me want to buy this now.

6/10 (Average score)

I will update my review once the re-recording's come up.

I like this "ERRORTIC ALBUM".

1.『     』

Where are the moans of Yuuki? Honestly I can not say much for an intro, just expected more "sexual?". X/5

2.アバンチュール

Bye bye bye bye bye... It's a song heavily influenced by his previous work EROS. I would like to see the PV to give a better grade. I like starting all at once, the brass arrangement adds a glamorous and sexy sound but not enough this time. 3.5/5

3.モーゼルのピストル

Why Lycaon? WHY? Seriously, I can not imagine EVE or 美央 -Mio- with a sexy nurse outfit, but I feel they are necessary. :/ 2/5

4.EROS

One of my favorite songs because is a ear orgasm and the PV too. Ok, Yuuki is sexy ... we can not deny. I would have liked to hear a new version of this song "EROS -explicit and very erotic ver.-" . 4/5

5.密室における強圧的誘惑はモルヒネの中にある3.129ミリグラムの憂鬱

Great solo but I would preferred "I love sex. I love drugs. I love rock'n'roll" or new R指定 cover 2/5

6.Jesus

Oh Jesus. please don't embarrass me... 5/5 but Three times? -5/5 Ok, no 4.5/5

7.MASK

... 4/5

8.Number Eight.

This if a b-side. I would like to see a PV for this song in "the next" release since there is Pierrot PV. 5/5

I need to hear the limited songs. is notable the lack in this version, please Lycaon is it necessary to demonstrate that can be ridiculously sexy?

I'm sorry my english is weird.

i expected something horrendous, so i was somewhat surpirised this album wasnt as bad as i thought it to be

same here... It's not bad, some songs are really nice :o they became experimental and original, which is a thing I really appreciate.

Pros of the album: experimental mixture, 80's rock inspiration, sexiness

Cons of the album: just 8 songs overall. Many of them already released. (Jesus... ehm...)

Except EROS, all the other songs are enjoyable... I liked a lot 密室における強圧的誘惑はモルヒネの中にある3.129ミリグラムの憂鬱 (Sorry, I am too lazy to do/search/ask for the romaji), especially since it's slow yet not a ballad, it makes the song really "erotic", and it's a positive thing since it's the concept Lycaon wants XD Number Eight is a nice and frenetic way to close the album.

7.5/10

I am not giving up on these guys... :lol:

I don't understand why they called it an "erotic" album after calling EROS and Aventure erotic, I was expecting it to be full of pseudo-jazz/ska crap but I was pleasantly surprised.

The lyrics are quite dirty, I guess that's why. although Mauser no Pistol may not feel like it's on the erotic side, but the lyrics itself were actually irritating me a bit, especially because Yuuki is still quite young lol

same goes for Aventure, which is (as well as Mauser no pistol) about sex lol

haven't had the time to go through the rest, but from what I understand while listening, the other songs go with this concept

ROTFL no shade, but sounds like kids mad they didn't get some chocolate, well guess what fiber helps prevent some cancers, heart attack, strokes ect. so eat up. But this album was too freaking short, but i loved every single second of it, it freaking rocked! The Royal legend continues!

or that this is one of the few post-Eve era songs that Yuuki doesn't squeal like a chipmunk for minutes on end.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm idk about this

Sign in to follow this