CAT5

If you'd never heard Japanese music, what would you be listening to?

WHARGARBL. I HATE CHRISTINA AGUILERA. But I digrees, I would much rather Miz Spears over her any day of the year. I also just want to say I love gagaloo's voice and the way it's synthed and stuff, Idk, I know a lot of people don't like her, her haters don't bother me as much as Madonna's haters bother me. Madonna is my personal lord and savior.

Annnnyway, Gaga has a song called Speechess and the song goes like that and I was just using it as a joke because of your gaga bashing, haha was not being serious.

gaaah ohh okay i gets it lol

and yeah when i wrote christina aguilera i was tinking "OMFG CAT FIGHT BETWEEN TWO QUEENS OVER LADY GAGONMACOCK VS. XTINA" xP

As soon as I saw you wrote that, I thought that too. teehee! But I don't argue stupid shit like that. You're team HAGuilera, I'm team GodGa, and that's just fine :)

Also, I had no idea you were a fellow homosexual.

yeah well I am and its the iternetz so I don't see much point in telling people information they don't need to know.

but i did post on the stupid love thread "boobs. i love boobs. lol jk I'm gay" but i guess the mods thought that was stupid and deleted it LOL

i am gay and i love almost all divas.

because almost all divas is just bound to become gay icons.

no lie. period.

Wait, that is not including Ke$ha. K?

i don't into Ke$ha, i don't think i ever will.

Katy Perry? Well, i got some songs of her that i like, so i can bare her.

I always think Ke$ha just a much worse version of Heidi Montag.

I'd be a hipster by now *facepalm*

EDIT: /turnsbrainon/ I'd still be listening to Classical. So i guess id be in that 5% bracket. Was just listening to this when i started in to japanese music so i probably stay with it. Though I was pretty heavy into mellow deep indie (where looking like a woodsman was cool) before that so i have the background for my original comment XD

@kir: yeah, honestly is it like written in the genetic code of gay men to fall in love with some diva bitch? Cuz I see it everywhere lol. And Kesha scares me cuz she looks dirty as shit all the time IMO roflmao

Probably "symphonic" rock/metal like Lacuna Coil and Nightwish, and a LOT of old rock music like Golden Earring, Deep Purple, The Doors, etc. I listen to that now too, because it's awesome, but I guess I would be waaaaay more often if I never got into Japanese music.

@kir and shimbo-dono: I don't know what it is about gay men but we do love the divas -_- I literally like just about all of them except Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera. I LOVE CHER. Haha... and Ke$ha. I think she's a filthy filthy mess, but her music is fun.

I'm not a gay man but I love Cher. Have since I was about three years old. If I were gay, she'd be my diva.

I think if you listen to Gaga, you shouldn't be searching for lyrical or musical substance. I like her because listening to her music is enjoyable for me. I like her because she doesn't appear to be shallow to me, she spreads love in spite of hate. I like her because she does have a nice voice, although she isn't using it to the best of her capabilities. I like the music she released before she became "Gaga."

From what I've seen, she is absolutely lovely and appreciative of her fans, which is rare in pop music. So I disagree with the remark about her not being human - there are thousands, millions of kids who relate to her outside of the music. I wouldn't personally claim to relate to her, but I agree with a lot of what she stands for and find her involvement in equal rights campaigns admirable, especially since the industry she's in is so corrupt and greedy.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut that's just my opinion. Whatever, whatever.

I have no idea, I grew up with Japanese music. My parents listen to X Japan and D'erlanger...

So I wonder?

I think if you listen to Gaga, you shouldn't be searching for lyrical or musical substance. I like her because listening to her music is enjoyable for me. I like her because she doesn't appear to be shallow to me, she spreads love in spite of hate. I like her because she does have a nice voice, although she isn't using it to the best of her capabilities. I like the music she released before she became "Gaga."

From what I've seen, she is absolutely lovely and appreciative of her fans, which is rare in pop music. So I disagree with the remark about her not being human - there are thousands, millions of kids who relate to her outside of the music. I wouldn't personally claim to relate to her, but I agree with a lot of what she stands for and find her involvement in equal rights campaigns admirable, especially since the industry she's in is so corrupt and greedy.

WRROOOONNNNGGG. COMPLETELY WRONG! ;)

I'm not a gay man but I love Cher. Have since I was about three years old. If I were gay, she'd be my diva.

I agree with 99% of this.

Lol, if you want to continue to talk about Lady GaGa/Madonna etc., maybe I should divide this into a new thread for you? Because it has kinda moved away from the subject at hand.

Well, we are talking about music we would listen to if we never heard Japanese music. I don't particularly see a problem. Just sayin...

I got the impression that you're talking about which female pop star is better. Which isn't really that related to the topic at hand. I'm not saying you can't continue your discussion, I was just suggesting that I create a new special thread for you. The fact that you might listen to those artists if it wasn't for japanese music seems to have little bearing on the discussion that developed later. Because obviously you are listening to them either way. And those posts that actually answer the original question get kinda swallowed up inbetween that discussion, which is really the only reason why I suggested the split. But yeah.

Well.. Idk I wasn't. I don't care what anyone thinks about which female popstar is better, I like Gaga, who would be who I would listen to if I hadn't heard of Japanese music.

Let the discussion about the actual topic recontinue now.

I'd probably still be listening to those mainstream american crap. *puts up language barrier*
and i will have a very narrow minded taste when that happens if i have never heard japanese music at all.

To be honest... I really don't know.

Maybe I would continue to listen to metal bands (almost melodic) in a terrible way, not open-minded. Or listen to mainstream bands, like I used to (before the i'mgothicfromundergroundmetalhellyeah phase).

Or would listen to anime songs without even knowing the band name.