gnk777

Girugamesh will disband

girugamesh ends its 12-year history. Their final show will be at Zepp DiverCity (Tokyo) on July 10th.

------------------------
girugamesh announced to disband after their final show at Zepp DiverCity (Tokyo) on July 10th.

The band released a mini-album called “chimera” on January 20th this year and went on a Japan tour playing 16 shows. From May 11th, their 5th Europe tour will start. The only show in Japan left is the final show of the Japan tour. Also, the band is now working on the new song for the show.

[From girugamesh]
girugamesh started from zero with hometown friends. 
We’ve dedicated everything and done everything we could for the band for this long period of 12 years.
This is our honest feelings.
We had many encounters. Friends, staffs and fans.
Because of your support and encouragement, we could walk for 12 years.
We will express our gratitude with our best performance at our final show!!

girugamesh

Didnt expected, but if thats what they wanna do, i will support em. Maybe these guys planing families n stuff ;)

Edited by rebelstrik

OoOoohhH wow...tbh though, I didn't really like any of their recent stuff.  I feel sorry for their fans though...

This is a sad day. They are one of my all-time favourite bands. What's the reason behind this choice? Did they just grow tired of the band? I hope Satoshi can focus on REDMAN at this point and maybe the other members will still continue doing music too.

Yikes. They've never really been my cup of tea but still, they've been around forever. Even though every band's disbanding is inevitable, it's always a little surprising whenver a mainstay call it quits. 

Didn't quite expect this.

I'm going to do my best to try to attend their last live since I'll be in Tokyo at that time, give me a last shot to hopefully see some of those oldies I've always wanted to see.

I must admit I haven't really listened to this band for the last six years, but I am nevertheless a bit shocked. Just one of those bands you expected to always be around.

actually you could already expect it because of the vocalist solo project REDMAN (not that that band is still active...)

Still shocking, wished I could see them in May but I simple don't have 60Euro to be able to go to the concert.  (need that money for LOUDNESS in June)

>_<

oh well,

Bye bye Girugämesh you will be missed!!~~

This is some really sad news, they were definitely one of my favorites. But I support them, I hope they find happiness in their next endeavors.