jurideluhi

How much do you spend for jrock releases?

why are you still here

and like £10 last year. itunes ftw.

I don't spend more than 100$ a year on releases, and they're usually full albums, because singles are money-vampires. I'd like to buy more, but I'm always spending my money on clothes.

why are you still here

That's really uncalled-for Herpes.

A shameful, shameful amount of D'espairsRay alone. I'd embarrass myself by revealing that guestimate on top of the cost of releases by other bands I like. 2011 promises to be quite expensive, since dozens of these bands are releasing new material and D'espairsRay are still draining me dry while they're on hiatus. Jerks. :|

lol I'd hate to tell you how much I spend in a week on Cd's alone xD Let alone in a month and with lives, merch and other stuff. On the flip-side, music (and maybe food lol) tends to be the one thing I really splurge on though so I don't feel too bad about it.

I spend too much on releases a month that i need to go to shopping rehab.

I usually save a lot of money to buy some releases, but since i'm a minor, i depend on my mom's visa. So, I spend like $250 every 2 or 3 months.

too much for me too xD. I wan't to go back to around, but the last 8 months it was way more xD

100 euro/3m on iTunes

100 euro/3m on CDJ

100 euro/3m other stores

For music in general, i guess 40 euros a month on average. Usually vinyls though, haven't bought anything Japanese since November ( or October ) when i got some some old Dir en grey DVD's.

Not a whole hell of a lot right now. Having no job makes it hard to justify spending money on luxury. The most recent cds that I got were all Christmas presents.

I've only spent around $200 if you include merch since June 2009. Having no money makes it hard to buy cd's.

In a year, probably $200~$300. That's not that bad, compared to how many things I wish I could buy...

Seriously if I could buy everything I wanted, I'd be blowing thousands. Alas, bills and food costs get in the way.

I get many releases as gifts, so probably just around $250 a year more or less. It varies depending on what band I happen to be collecting at the moment or if I'm buying used or new stuff. I don't buy DVD's, magazines, or worry about getting first presses or limited editions, so that helps a lot.

I don't know about all the other countries, but the US Dollar is in the toilet right now, so I definitely spend too much when I buy my releases. My currency converter says it's about 81yen per 1 dollar. I remember freaking out last year when it was 90yen per dollar... Then again, when 3500yen really was about $35, it was still quite expensive compared to the CD's here in America. Now such a CD would cost like $42... Add shipping and soon you're spending 50 plus dollars for an album. Pure insanity.

In summary, I have definitely been cutting down my purchases to the essentials: favorite bands and stuff that I just can't find anywhere else

^ I feel the pain spending much dollars for just shipping.not to mention even only at first 300 gm. The shipping cost is totally expensive(imo) to those outside Asia continent.

but still MYR are getting cheaper(like no value) than JPY and USD nowadays which seems ridiculous. so if you are shopping to malaysia,at least you can still be rich here.

actually, if we speaks VK, not many xD

But some J-Rock/J-Music in general like some L'Arc or GLAY etc,

i'd try to get them when they're release officially here or

buy stacks and stacks of CDs/DVDs when i am travelling abroad.

Or ask friends or relatives that are abroad to get it for me,

when they planned to visit me.

Beside restaurants, record store is a must visit place for me when i am travelling

It's like Church really xD

not sure how many i'd spent, since it's not going regularly.

But i could spend, at the most, $200 a pop for CDs, DVDs,Vinyls and merch like T-shirts, key chain etc

that i wanted when i am travelling xD

and goes all guilty and stuffs after sliding that credit cards at the cashier

and have the receipts, and big bags on hand lol

but not more than that or else i really need to get some help.

prefer not to do online shopping for non Western releases,

cos of the tax, and don't really enjoy being anxious waiting for the EMS to come at my door.

I only started buying stuff from Japan about 3 months ago. Before that I downloaded most of it and bought the Europe editions of certain CD's and DVD's. But if I have to count everything together, I guess I purchased about 11 Europe JROCK cd's, 2 from CDJAPAN and 3 Europe edition Live DVD's