Spike760

Dir en grey

The band is performing extremely well at lives currently.  That performance of Chain Repulsion was tight.  Kyo sounded great!  I really hope they consider a U.S. Tour in support of Arche.  I will be there in a heartbeat!

--> @Perez

Yeah, that's very theoretical. We'll probably not know for sure if that slimy criminal thug had a say in the direction of the album how it went, until there's a comment by the band (like the one from TMOAB). But in the case of this, I find it much more plausible that the sound turned out like this because of Kyo's eminent vocal chord problems. And people nowadays often argue like DSS was a complete extreme metal output, often limiting the overall sound to Kyo's "awfully overwhelming use of growls and other EM vocal techniques".

If you compare ARCHE and DSS, there's not really much on the "pop" spectrum that sets these records apart. ARCHE has a fairly little amount of straightforward old school j-poprock going on, and more clean vocals doesn't equal more pop. In addition, ARCHE has much more disharmony going on, both through instruments and clean vocal overlays, than on DSS back then. Even if they're accompanied by pop elements through, let's say the chorus, it doesn't change the fact that the overall product is still what one would expect from a band that produced all those predecessing records.

I mean I can swallow alot of music, but even for me ARCHE was kinda difficult at the beginning. The last thing I thought about that record was to be distinctively driven by pop effords. And ironically I saw many people favoring "magayasou", which is literally the most disharmonic song I've ever heard in my life(, and which I frankly don't really like because of that). I mean the opening main theme already has 2 or 3 keynotes at once or so. And if a death metal freak like me can't swallow that, how can fans of straightforward poprock?

Wow, what a performance! But .. I doubt there will be more of that from that gig, will there?

Well, actually without them I've never would like j-rock as much as I like now. 

I like their sound, even it has change from the beginig to now a lot...

But I have to admit that to me the best album and the best songs are from Uroboros. They got everything in that Album. And well, I like them a lot uwu  

It seems that a common complaint about ARCHE is that it's scattered, and maybe it's because of the tracklist arrangement?

I came up with this:

and Zero

Un deux

咀嚼

Phenomenon

Chain repulsion

Cause of fickleness

Midwife

Sustain the untruth

てふてふ

懐春

禍夜想

濤声

Behind a vacant image

輪郭

空谷の跫音

And then Revelation of mankind would be a single with The inferno as a b-side.

great news for european fans. the band is now listed for a Nürburgring festival DER RING - Grüne Hölle Rock. May 29-31.

guess more to come.

and yeah, thanks kyotakumrau as usual.

tumblr_njigfq9cF31rkm240o1_1280.jpg

It seems that a common complaint about ARCHE is that it's scattered, and maybe it's because of the tracklist arrangement?

I came up with this:

and Zero

Un deux

咀嚼

Phenomenon

Chain repulsion

Cause of fickleness

Midwife

Sustain the untruth

てふてふ

懐春

禍夜想

濤声

Behind a vacant image

輪郭

空谷の跫音

And then Revelation of mankind would be a single with The inferno as a b-side.

THAT is an awesome rearrangement.

BABYMETAL headlining over the likes of DIR EN GREY, Saint Vitus, Hatebreed, Testament, Orange Goblin, Exodus, Gojira, and Kreator? The everloving fuck?

It's obviously just because of the alphabet, and neither of these bands will be headlining.

Anyway, it's quite obvious that no sane person would headline Babymetal ahead of huge bands like Testament, Hatebreed, Kreator, Exodus, Dir en grey and Gojira. Babymetal simply isn't big enough, and it's a question of which band will make you the most money. Hint: it's not Babymetal.

No worries, it will probably be one of the last occasions to see BABYMETAL on an oversea festival.

I just imagine the funny conversations among visitors concerning the band.

"Hey, haven't you said you'd go to that jap girlie band?"

- "No, wasn't me, wasn't me!!!!"

"Dude, didn't I see you you walk out of that babymetal stage?"

- "Errmm, no... I just got the band wrong..."

Going to be on Grüne Hölle. Hope it kicks ass!

know of a thing called the alphabet?

It's obviously just because of the alphabet

Man... how drunk was I last night? Apparently enough to catch prolific band names and not notice they were in some kind of logical order.

With that aside, I wonder if they are going with songs mostly from ARCHE or will they balance out the setlist for the festivals. Given their possible short set list, maybe four songs tops from ARCHE?

Man... how drunk was I last night? Apparently enough to catch prolific band names and not notice they were in some kind of logical order.

With that aside, I wonder if they are going with songs mostly from ARCHE or will they balance out the setlist for the festivals. Given their possible short set list, maybe four songs tops from ARCHE?

The sets are normally balanced. 

Makes me wonder if Uroko will get its overseas premiere there. Its a perfect festival song imo.