Trombe

baroque band name change to "BAROQUE"

baroque has officially changed their band name to "BAROQUE" in 2014/04, and they will hold their live tour "de novo" since Saitama HEAVEN'S ROCK VJ-3 at 2014/06/05 and up to NAGOYA HOLIDAY NEXT at 2014/06/29 with support members Ba.TOKIE(ex-RIZE-->AJICO-->LOSALIOS, now in unkie, THE LIPSMAX), Dr.かどしゅんたろう(kado shuntarou)(ex-MR.ORANGE, now in chocolate fuzz manics) & Manip.辺見"Emiri"直義(henmi "Emiri" naoyoshi)

haha but actually they made it all caps starting from the tour in february..? During symmetria, right? the tour that half of it was moved to like this past week because Kei had the flu.

..but the tour had me raising my eyebrows a bit though, for a few reasons (namely ticket price+the choice of live houses that I know anything about).

regardless, I do like the art for the tour announcement though

As much as I loved this band so much back in 2003-2004, I'm kind of over their reunion antics. Their singles were decent but that full-length did not live up to my expectations at all. If they are to release anything new in the future, I hope it's on par with their early major singles or even sug life. If they just reformed just because, they need to stop. At least we knew that kannivalism had some sort of meaning and creativity involved.

they'll never reach the glory of sug life again. to be honest that's a hard feat anyways, as sug life is just a really bizarre album when compared to all vk from the same era and also when compared to baroque's sound before and after it.

i do admit sug life was a great album , but current baroque sounds so much better than any

other below-decent jrock bands , so id rather have them despite the changes in music and visual concepts, than

listening to weird indies or pinky rainbow color-dress-costumed-up make up overdo's .

and a nice surprise that tokie is participating !

gimme my 2003-2004's baroque back!
i don't like this intent of new neo-vk era, they're just too old for that...
don't get me wrong but I believed that their change back on those years was a huge step of maturity, and now seeing them back in the vk all kawaii style is just a step back...

ryo, if you're gonna keep this going... if you're not doing the sug life sound again, finish this and come back to kannivalism.

If we are to come up with a list of releases that had the most dramatic impact on post-2000 vk as a whole, I suspect "sug life" would be up there in the top 3.  No idea why but the influence of 2003-04 baroque on their contemporaries and those who came after them is often very understated.

Probably for this reason alone, I feel it's somewhat unfair to ask them match the quality of sug life ever again. Of course I won't be complaining if they happen to do it - but they've already accomplished what 99% of vk bands won't be able to do =p

jesus, wtf are The Survivorz?

baroque will never EVER do another Sug Life. Few people realize how freaking great and influential that album was, even outside VK.

and you can say that non-fiction couldn't meet baroque fans GIGANTIC expectations (kannivalism albums were better) but it wasn't a bad album at all.

I do agree that they should just call it a day and go back to kannivalism, but after kei's recent interviews and sukekiyo obvious success, if find that really hard for now...

jesus, wtf are The Survivorz?

baroque will never EVER do another Sug Life. Few people realize how freaking great and influential that album was, even outside VK.

and you can say that non-fiction couldn't meet baroque fans GIGANTIC expectations (kannivalism albums were better) but it wasn't a bad album at all.

I do agree that they should just call it a day and go back to kannivalism, but after kei's recent interviews and sukekiyo obvious success, if find that really hard for now...

What did kei's recent interviews talk about? Could you provide a link to it?

Thanks!

SET-LIST at 2014/11/03:

SE.denovo
01.湿度
02.モノドラマ
03.ガリロン
04.black bane
05.メロウホロウ
06.歪
07.魔女と林檎
08.しゃがれブギー
09.たとえば君と僕