paradoxal

Royz

oavxoi.jpg

Their newest look for Lilia. (From left to right: Kazuki, Koudai, Tomoya, Subaru, Kuina)

Royz is an Osaka-orginated band which started its activities in 2009. They're line-up has remained the same during their activities.

Line-up:

Vo. 昴 (Subaru)

Gt. 杙凪 (Kuina)

Gt. 和稀 (Kazuki)

Ba. 公大 (Koudai)

Dr. 智也 (Tomoya)

By far they've released two albums, seven maxi singles and two singles. Discography is copied from their last.fm page.

Discography:

2009.09.28 星に願いを (Hoshi ni Negai o) (First Live Limited Demo CD)

2010.01.19 No Fate (Live ver) (Live Recorded CD-R)

2010.04.29 春ノ夜ノ夢-恋花火 (Haru no Yoru no Yume - Koi Hanabi) (Maxi Single)

2010.10.06 「AREA」 (Maxi Single)

2011.01.14 マーブルパレット (Marble Palette) (Live Sold Only Limited One-Coin Single)

2011.02.14 トウメイナユキ (Toumei na Yuki) (Live Sold Only Limited One-Coin Single)

2011.04.09 eve:r (Single)

2011.08.17 α (Single)

2011.11.30 Яevolution to New AGE (Album)

2012.03.07 NOAH (Maxi Single)

2012.06.27 Starry HEAVEN (Maxi Single)

2012.10.24 INNOCENCE (Maxi Single)

2013.02.27 Tears (Album)

2013.07.03 Egoist (Maxi Single)

2014.01.15 LILIA (Maxi Single)

Here's their newest single LILIA which was released today (VERSAILLES-ALERT):

[/media]

And then their previous single EGOIST, released in July 2013:

[media]

I'm a fairly new fan of Royz. The first song I've heard was EGOIST in December and I immediately fell in love. Which is kind of embarrassing, since the reason I decided to check them out was all the dirt I had heard about Kuina and Subaru and well, the whole band in general... I personally think their melodies are very catchy and that's one of the main reasons I've started to like them so much.

Even though I really like them, I feel really just... embarrassed liking them so much. Most of the band really seem to be into VK just because of all the gurls and sexing and f4m3 but IMHO they still make good music. I even preordered their newest super Versaillesque single which was released today.

So what do you think about Royz?

Have you listened to them before?

Is Royz the most generic VK band ever or have they actually created something new?

I don't know about what negative things people could say about them, and i prefer to have my own opinion about them. For now, i won't judge this band, i don't know them personally, i only know them as musician. So at this time, the only thing i know about them, is that i love their music. I don't mind what people can say negative about them, so i'm not ashamed to love them. In my opinion, i think you should not be ashamed to love a band just because of what others people can say about them, you should make your own opinion, and if you like them, just enjoy what you like without being embarassed of your own taste ^_^

Yes, i think their music is great, Egoist is a great song, Innoncence too, and also the new one Lilia, and some others too, i now have many songs of Royz in my cd collection. I think Royz are not the most generic band. In my opinion, i have seen a lot more 'New Band' created in the years of 2013 that was a lot more generic. I think Royz still have this something unique to them.

Yeah I prefer their "rough" side as well. Alkaloid and witch in the HELL are one of my favorite songs. But basically any Royz song with a nice catchy chorus is my favorite :3

Though when talking about the new single I must say that my favorite is not Lilia but RISK_144000. It's hands down the best song in LILIA.

Royz is one of my favorite bands. (It switches off between Royz and vistlip because I can't make up my mind!)

I've seen people bring up those rumors before. Either way, it doesn't really matter to me. If it doesn't affect the music they produce, I don't care.

My first Royz song was AREA and I felt "odd" for listening to it on repeat for so long. Then eve:r and α came out and that was when I really got into them. After a couple years, JOKER is still a good song and one of my favorites. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. I've used witch in the HELL as a means to get 2 people into Jrock and it worked. ;) 

I also agree with you about RISK_144000 being the best song off of LILIA. I don't know Japanese, but I read that the song has a lot of biblical references which makes it that much hotter to me. (assuming what I read was accurate)

That song called LILIA is good. It sounds old school although there is some pop sound there too I would completely get rid of. The guitars, bass and drumming are really good.

I read they sounded more pop before. This is very uncommon since most VK bands tend to go from rock to pop and not the other way round. In this case they have made the right decision, in my opinion.

I hope they continue to make more music like that song. The more they leave pop behind the better in my opinion.

I like most of the Royz songs. They are awesome I heard of most of the sons on youtube, but I would love to hear more of Royz whenever I can. 

Not a big fan of them actually, but like seikun their LILIA song was really making an impression on me. It isn't neither too poppy, too electronic (the kind of pop and dance electronica, as I am fine with classic electro, electrowave and synth pop) or Metalcore influenced and rather reminded me of the stuff Megaromania would release. Maybe some other older songs are in the same vain, I don't know as I have herad only a hand full of songs yet.

Of the newer visual kei bands Royz is one of the ones that immediately caught my attention.  I first saw their video for NOAH, and I really liked it, but the "heavy" parts of that song are a bit strange.  Really dig the solo part.

Recently I checked out Lilia and I like it a lot!

Well this is totally random but...

I really hope Rey joins Royz.

It seriously hurts me to see them as a 4-member band. It's like there's this void looming behind the 4 members that perpetually screams in your face that Kazuki is gone and won't be coming back. I'm not suggesting that Rey ought to be treated as some kind of a stand-in for Kazuki (that would be terribly disrespectful to both of them), but at least they seem more "complete" as a 5-member band?

Even Subaru remarked that their songs are written for 2 guitarists and it's hard for them to continue with 4 members.

My favourite songs from Royz are Tear Drop and Sourenka! I still remember watching them sing Sourenka live at their concert - it was simply amazing.

Just realized they've got an impressive number of pressed singles (CDs).  The CD is still strong in Japan...interested to see how that goes.  I'm a media dork :P