Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

ViViD new maxi single "光-HIKARI-" release

ViViD new maxi single "光-HIKARI-" will be released at 2014/02/05 (4 TYPE)

limited edition TYPE A (1,890yen) will include CD+DVD (including "光-HIKARI-" PV & making), limited edition TYPE B (1,890yen) will include CD+DVD "ViViD-光の先へ(hikari no saki e)-", regular edition (1,260yen) will include CD only, and limited-period anime edition (1,260yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]
01.光-HIKARI-
02.OVER THE LIMIT
03.Take-off 2014 (included in regular edition)
03.光-HIKARI-(TV anime ver.) (included in limited-period anime edition)
04.光-HIKARI-(TV anime ver. instrumental) (included in limited-period anime edition)

"光-HIKARI-" will be opening theme of TV anime "マギ(magi)" in 2014/01-03

I was hoping that they would finally come up with something that's at least 20% the quality of their first 3 or 4 singles - then I saw that this too is slated to be an anime opening, lol.

Well we'll see - but they're walking down the same path as SID, and five times as fast.

Was the "HIKARI" part necessary? It sounds like they're trying to make it English susceptible so this is once again going to sound mainstream/radio and have a whole lot of english lyrics in it

Am I the only one here who doesn't like the covers?

There isn't any semblance of continuity across the different editions (I'll cut them some slack on the anime cover since they prob have less control over the design of that one). I can't help but be reminded of A9's shooting star cover when I look at the LE A. The LE B has a somewhat dubious and distracting combination of color to say the least. Finally they try to be creative on the RE instead of plastering their faces all over it, but (i) the colors spoil it again, and (ii) it looks like what someone half-heartedly comes up with and goes 'now here's my creative effort, make what you will out of it'.

I'm sorry if I'm being too harsh, but I always appreciate artists who put some effort into their aesthetics and design. I guess my disappointment also stems from how ViViD used to have covers I really like, especially "Across the Border" where you could juxtapose the two limited edition covers to get the entire eagle design.

The only thing I like about these new covers: I'm relieved they have not decided to reprise their hideous hair from INFINITY.

Yeah, their album covers lost their creativeness when they went Major. Yume was a bright band shot, Blue was a band shot, as well as FAKE. The single they released before REAL had the worst ones yet with the really crappy photoshop on it

Sign in to follow this