Valicious

RarezHut Imports: a new kind of shopping service

4KXt4i8.png

Introducing a new type of shopping service!  One without prohibitive shipping charges!  This is primarily geared toward people in the USA, but there is a way to make it work for those outside the US.

It operates in the same way as a regular shopping service in that you email us your desired item, we'll send you back a price quote, you'll send us the money over PayPal, and we'll buy the item.  (We plan on making a webpage with a fee calculator to minimize back-and-forth messaging.)

At the cost of slightly-higher per-item fees, customers in the US will pay shipping from New Mexico rather than Japan.  We only charge an extra 3% fee to help cover PayPal fees, as well as a nominal 100 yen per CD and 200 yen per VHS.  (On top of what FromJapan charges)  The customer ends up saving a lot of money because the additional per-item fees pale in comparison to international shipping costs.

As with other RarezHut services, we can provide the digital copies service if the buyer would like.

Digital copies:
Along with any cassette/VHS purchases, we offer high-quality digital copies made with professional-grade equipment free-of-charge. We realize that not everyone has the means to play these aging formats, but we aim not to let that get in the way of you being able to enjoy them!

Q: How are you able to do this?  How do you make money from this?  This seems too good to be true.

A:  The short answer is, we don't expect to make money from this.  We have been brainstorming ways to make owning VK easier for the average fan for over two years now.  While RarezHut's webshop and streams do help this, it doesn't help the fan who wants newer releases.  Leveraging our existing relationship with FromJapan, we are able to charge the smallest-possible per-item price increase over multiple orders in order to pay for international shipping.

Is this a lot of work for absolutely no profit?  Yes, but we believe it will benefit the health of the community.  Could this spectacularly backfire and end up COSTING us money?  If we only get one of two orders then it very well will, but I believe it is still worth pursuing.  Great reward (a service to MH and the fandom as a whole in this case) has never come without that initial leap into the unknown.

Q: Can I only buy stuff from certain places? What types of items will you buy, just CDs/DVDs/VHS/tapes?

A: If we can place an order through FromJapan, then we can get your stuff for you.  This includes (but not limited to) PureSound, band webshops, Amazon.co.jp, and more.  While CDs/DVDs/VHS/tapes make up the majority of our orders, we will certainly work with you if you want to order clothing or toys for instance.

Q: How do you handle auctions?  Can I still buy from Yahoo Auctions through you?

A: You absolutely can!  For auctions that involve bidding, simply tell us the amount of the bid you want to place (or you’re max bid), and we will place it.  We will make every effort to place a bid the moment we receive your email, but we ask that you do keep in mind that we are humans and still subject to that pesky habit called sleep.  If the auction ends at a lower price than your max bid, we'll refund the difference.

Q: How much longer would this whole process take compared to if I were to just order things by myself?

A: One of the ways we get a lower per-item shipping cost is that we end up shipping giant crates with hundreds of items.  Our giant crate shipments are typically once/month, so we will announce a date when our next shipment will go out, and people have up until a week before that date to place their order.  We use FedEx priority to get the package stateside, which only takes about 3 days.

LET'S NOT FORGET OUR NON-US CUSTOMERS

Paying a higher-per item fee PLUS shipping from the US doesn't make sense.  What some of RarezHut's EU costumers have chosen to do is have us order their items like normal, then include them in the shipment that they buy off our streaming auctions or our store.

The offer to combine shopping service orders with stream and store orders extends to our US customers as well of course.

ORDER SCHEDULE 

THE DEADLINE FOR ORDERS TO GO OUT IN THE NEXT SHIPMENT IS October 24TH, 2016

WE WILL BE SHIPPING EVERYTHING TO NEW MEXICO ON November 5th, 2016

If you don't make the deadline for this shipment, don't despair.  A new shipment window will begin as soon as this one ends.

Please email us at [email protected] to place an order, and we will respond as soon as humanly possible.

Edited by Valicious

For non-US customers, what are our options for shipping method? The same as RH?
Before placing an order, could we eventually have a simulation of our order with the shipping fees? (I explain: it should be really appreciated to know an estimation before receiving Charge 2 and having the "FJ stroke", you know what I mean? The "Charge 1: That's so cheap!!" to "Charge 2: omfg da hell is this?!!" XD).

I don't find any other question. I would defo give it a try tho, next month maybe.

For non-US customers, what are our options for shipping method? The same as RH?

Before placing an order, could we eventually have a simulation of our order with the shipping fees? (I explain: it should be really appreciated to know an estimation before receiving Charge 2 and having the "FJ stroke", you know what I mean? The "Charge 1: That's so cheap!!" to "Charge 2: omfg da hell is this?!!" XD).

I don't find any other question. I would defo give it a try tho, next month maybe.

The "Charge 1" is just the singular amount that we give you.  The "Charge 2" is entirely handled by us.  When your items are delivered to us, we will combine them with any items from the RarezHut stream or store.  The main benefit for non-US customers is that they can combine RH Imports orders and RH stream/store orders, rather than paying for separate shipping for each.

If you are really curious, you can always estimate the weight of your items, then use https://postcalc.usps.com/ to estimate shipping from zip code 87114.

Added a description of our Digital Copies service to the OP.  

After running more simulations that I can count, we have also reduced our fees from 13/15% to 10/13%!

Digital copies:
Along with any cassette/VHS purchases, we offer high-quality digital copies made with professional-grade equipment free-of-charge. We realize that not everyone has the means to play these aging formats, but we aim not to let that get in the way of you being able to enjoy them!

The order winder dates are now firm and no longer estimates!

Deadline for orders to absolutely go out in this shipment is now Feb 17th (previously Feb 11th)

Everything will be shipped to New Mexico on Feb 29th (previously Feb 20th)

RarezHut Imports has been a great success in only the few weeks since it launched.  Thank you to everyone who have placed orders with us so far, and we hope to hear from many more of you in the next few weeks <3

The last day to place orders for this shipment with RarezHut Imports is Feb. 17th!  For these last two days, we are lowering our rates too.  Email us at [email protected]

Really want a certain release but can't find it?  Send us an email, and we'll be glad to help you track it down.  We have over a decade of experience in hunting down rarities, and it's turned us into rarez bloodhounds.

One of our missions at RarezHut has always been the archival of analogue VK that might otherwise get lost to the sands of time,  What does everyone think of providing a reduction in fees for cassettes and VHS orders?  We've been considering doing a spotlight section of items that DESERVE to be immortalized in high-quality, and we would waive 100% of fees for these.

Thoughts?

The window for orders for February's shipment has closed.  The window for March's shipment has begun!

Added section for archival spotlight.  These items do not get charged our fees, so you only pay what we pay!

is there a way you guys can get EAT YOU ALIVE's last live dvd? 

I can't seem to find it anywhere :(

Found it!  Send us an email at [email protected] and we'll get you taken care of.

(Might be able to get it included with this shipment if you hurry)

The package is on it's way stateside!

Everyone who placed an order in this shipment can expect an email in the next week.  We recently qualified for cheaper rates with USPS too, so I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised :)

THE IMPORTS ORDERS HAVE ARRIVED

SbjxqEO.jpg

I sent out emails to everyone that ordered in February's shipment.

There's still time to get in those orders for March!

FROM NOW UNTIL MARCH 10TH, ALL ORDERS WILL HAVE A FEE REDUCTION!  FEES ARE NOW 7% FOR OVER 1000 YEN, 10% FOR UNDER 1000 YEN.  (REGULAR 10%/13%)

After running the numbers more and examining data from last month's orders, I'm happy to announce that we are reducing our fees again!

The reduction mostly lies in the background calculations meant to cover shipping and bank transfer fees.  We had previously had small flat charges on each item that would help subsidize the various bank transfer fees from each store and also from From Japan.  People love RarezHut Imports much more than we had thought prior to launch, so we feel that a permanent reduction in fees is only appropriate.  We want to keep the cost down to an absolute minimum possible, as that is what we believe benefits the community the most.

Only six more days to get your orders in for March's shipment, take advantage of our new lowered prices and get that item you've been lusting after.  Want something specific but can't find it?  Our rarez bloodhounds will do their best to sniff it out for you.

The window for March orders has closed, but the window for April orders begins!  We'll be accepting orders until April 20th.

10/10

★★★★★★★★★★

Youd be a fool not to use this amazing service. RarezHut is doing the vkei gods work, I received all my items and they were beautifly packagae <3 I love these guys and what they do if theres pretty much anything that you want maybe even just get a diferent bonus from a shop these guys will get it for you. I highly recommend you give it a try :) and keep Up the good work guys <3 Much Love <3

We ain't foolin'! Take 4% off your order with RarezHut Imports all month! Free shipping from Japan to the our shipping center in the US, and EU folks can use RarezHub to ship to Europe for an average of 40% off.

It will be arriving tomorrow, actually :) We're in Seattle right now, but the package should be waiting for us at FedEx tomorrow once we get back to Albuquerque. It shouldn't take too long to sort through these items, so we'll message you soon with the shipping details!

With the advent of RarezHub, it looks like shipping through RarezHut Imports to the EU is cheaper.

Japan -> free Shipping to US -> cheap shipping to shipping center Germany -> shipped to your door with DHL

We've been informed that not having to deal with customs is a HUGE benefit, more so than we had originally thought.  We pay all customs fees, and your order will never be held in customs since it's already in the EU when it ships to you.